Chapter 10: Father Son Bonding

Michael stared at the strange image of the golden rabbit on the computer monitor. This being that was once his father, seemed so foreign to him. Even when he had simply been a rotting corpse in that old spring lock suit, he had seemed so familiar to him. Now, while he knew that this was in fact his father, it was difficult for him to wrap his head around.

"W-what are you?" Michael asked aghast, "What happened to you?"

The rabbit on the screen tilted its head and its ears flopped to the side. He pouted at Michael, "Now is that any way to greet someone? Especially your old man, don't you think? I know I raised you better than that."

A smile creeped back up his face. "Not to mention, you aren't looking great yourself these days, my boy."

Michael looked around the room, as of expecting to see someone pulling the strings of this operation. As if someone was going to jump out and shout 'Just kidding!'. But, of course, this didn't happen.

His father must have been getting impatient waiting for him to respond. So, he relented and started to answer Michael's questions.

"If you must know. I have simply gotten an upgrade. Much like yourself." He tilted his head forward, gesturing at Michael for emphasis.

"And honestly, I find it rather ridiculous of you to ask 'How?' I got like this." He continued, "After all, I owe this glorious new form to you and your dear Uncle Henry."

He spun around on the screen with his arms raised, giving Michael a good look.

"If it weren't for you two finally putting me out of my misery, I would still be a sad frail man, rotting and in pain forever." He paused, face getting closer to the screen. "The truth is Michael, my boy, I was always afraid of death. I spent my entire life trying to unlock the secret to eternal life, and it is true that I succeeded in my goal-."

"I wouldn't call killing innocent children to keep yourself alive a success story." Michael interjected.

All of the monitors suddenly lit up, the face of the rabbit suddenly enlarged across all of them. His voice was deafeningly loud in Michael's head, "DON'T INTERRUPT ME!"

Michael doubled over, clasping his hands over his ears, desperately trying to silence him. As quickly as it started it stopped, and his father returned to his position on the single monitor.

"I don't know how many times I have had to tell you over the years Michael! I will not be interrupted." He pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head.

"Anyway, before I was so rudely interrupted, I was trying to thank you. For killing me, that is. You made me realize, that I don't have to be afraid of death, I owe all my success to it."

"Get back to the point!" Michael shouted, becoming frustrated, "How are you still here?"

The bunny rolled his eyes, and they seemed to swirl endlessly in their sockets. "Fine fine fine." His father continued, "It was really all thanks to that brat of a little girl." There was a slight snarl to his voice.

"What girl?" Michael asked.

"Cassidy. Your brother's companion." He looked more intently at Michael, smiling wider, "You don't mind me bringing that up do you?"

Michael squeezed his hands tightly into fists, feeling his nails dig into his skin. He didn't want to take his father's bait and lose his temper.

"It was her fault really. She wouldn't move on. She kept the two of them tethered to this place, just so she could torment me. She kept a piece of me alive, refusing to let go." He looked lost for a moment, as if reminiscing.

"It was only a matter of time before she slipped up. Before her grip on me loosened. And, when it did, well." He held up his hand and made a crushing motion.

Michael winced.

"I made my way into some left-over circuit boards, and after a bit of work expanding..." His father gestured at himself.

"What did you do with Cassidy and with...?" Michael trailed off.

For a brief moment it almost looked like his father's eyes softened, "I broke them into pieces and locked them away. They have no way out into the Fazbear mainframe. Which is, of course, my domain." His smile returning by the end.

Them. He said them. Does that mean that they're still out there? Cassidy and ....

Michael closed his eyes for a moment and furrowed his brow.

"You really aren't supposed to be awake though."

Michael opened his eyes back up, "What?"

"You were supposed to stay in you little tube in the basement. Now you're here and complicating things, like usual." His father said.

"Complicating..." Michael repeated, trying to understand.

"You see, Michael, my associate has been working on rebuilding a functioning body for me. This form is quite remarkable, but it truly does not compare to a physical body like I used to have. I'm sure you understand." He winked at him.

"You weren't supposed to wake up, so imagine my surprise when I find you here, wandering the building, with that little boy my associate and I have been trying to catch."

"What?" Michael took a few slow steps toward the monitors.

"Yes, it was bad enough when that stupid bear got disconnected from the system. One less animatronic puppet for me to use. I'm sure I can fix the connection with a little time, but it is just such an inconvenience." He rolled his eyes again, "Normally, we don't have an issue when it comes to catching these kids, but this boy has proven to be a nuisance. I will take great pleasure in getting rid of him." He laughed a strange hiccuping laugh.

Michael lunged forward and grabbed the monitor on either side, "If you so much as think about going anywhere near Gregory-!"

"GREGORY!" His voice once again echoed throughout the room, face once again enlarged on the monitor, eyes glowing purple. Michael stumbled backwards, reeling from the shock.

"So, the boy's name is Gregory is it?" The image of his father's rabbit form became more distorted and glitched. His laughter cascading in horrible echoes.

"Maybe, I'll go speak with him. The Pizzaplex can be pretty confusing to get around without a guide."

His father disappeared from the screen, his laughter slowly echoing away, bouncing to and from speakers and other electrical items.

"Hey!" Michael shouted hopping back up to his feet, "Get back here! I'm not done with you! Stay away from him!"

He took to banging on the door, which of course did not bunch. He looked around the room, before rushing over to the desk. His best bet was to try and hack the door open.

He just had to hope that his Uncle Henry's lessons had stuck with him.