27. Hurricane

"What about me?"

"What do you mean?" Travis stared in silence.

Sal understood, getting off of Travis, but staying close. "you don't have to say anything, I think I get it?". Travis put his arm out, Sal moved in, resting his head on Travis' shoulder. All Sal could feel at the moment was his and Travis' heart beating at an abnormally fast pace. The once cool bathroom grew hot, the cold floor against their skin was not enough to stop themselves from sweating. Even then, the two did not move away from eachother.

The two sat in dead silence. Travis' thoughts raced. He's not sure why he said that but in a way he was. Something deep down inside of him screamed at him that he was wrong.  He wasn't sure if it was his dying dad or his dead mother but something said that he was wrong to love Sal.

"Travis" Sal said. "Hang on" travis said, "I'm sorry, it's just—" Travis took a pause, thinking about what he was going to say next. "Sal was shaking, occasionally twitching, not only was Travis' heart beating fast but so was his. Not to mention, his high had turned into extreme paranoia, he felt sick. Extremely sick. "Travis I don't feel too good" "Sal, I'm sure you are fine... just let me explain myself." Sal nodded. Doing so made him feel dizzy. But he could care less about himself. Sal knew what was going to happen. The both of them had done everything that was in that stupid duffel bag.

"I've spent so much time under my dads influence... I'm almost 100% sure I'm in love with you but something inside me says it's wrong. I love you but I don't. I want to be with you but I keep thinking of my fathers words. And I...." Travis stopped. His breathing got heavier. He could feel his eyes starting to close. He fought the feeling of just wanting to lay there and die. "Sal..."

Sal could feel barf trying to come up from his stomach. He held it back. He closed his eyes. Trying his hardest to listen. Even with his eyes closed he could still feel the rooms spinning. He was kind of in a trance. He was somewhere between being awake and asleep. He grabbed on to Travis hand, earning a sound of surprise from Travis. He squeezed his hand, tightly. Almost hurting Travis. He started to hyperventilate..

"Sal?!"

...

No response.

Sal suddenly stopped. He still breathed very heavily, just slightly calmer now.

Travis could still feel the tight grip Sal had on his hand. Travis squeezed sals hand, earning a tighter squeeze from Sal.

"Are you alright Sal?"

"Im... happy, happy to be with you" Sal responded, breathlessly. "I'm happy that I love you." "I'm happy that I found you"

"I'm truly happy"

Travis would have been happy to hear those words. He was not. It wasn't that he didn't love Sal. It's more of the fact that as soon as he heard those words, he could feel the once tight grip that Sal had on his hand, leave. Sal became limp. Travis felt the weight of sals head increase on his shoulder. And he could no longer feel his warm breath against his body.

Travis had a pain in his chest. Not from heartbreak. The pain gradually increased. Travis had no energy to move or anything. He just kept his hand tightly squeezed around sals. He knew Sal wouldn't return it. He knew what had happened.

He knew it was his turn. But he knew it would take a little more.

Travis reached over, slowly to a piece of cardboard that had tons of white powder on it. He couldn't put any of it into a line. He didn't want to let go of Sal. Travis breathed in deep. Putting his nose against the cardboard.

It took only thirty minutes. His head throbbed. He needed to throw up but he could not bring himself to let go of Sal. That's when he could feel himself slipping away. Slipping away from the world. He smiled.

"I'll see you soon my love."

____________________________

Love is a butterfly

Death is a hurricane.

A/N
Don't worry there is one more chapter