Part 1 New Monarchia

It is the year 2025 and everything doesn't seem to be coming together for me. Starting the day in a cold morning, I receive a call from my boss in the police department.

"Felix, there's been a murder in Lucan's Shop. We need you there to investigate the dead. Mark will meet you there"

I haven't even gotten out of bed yet and there's already been an incident in the town. This was... somewhat problematic. Incidents like this in Monarchia are surprisingly rare, despite being in the so called 'Land of the Free'.

I slowly rise out of my bed, scruffing my hair as I stood up. The floor was cold. In fact, everything was cold. I looked outside and figured it has already start snowing.

"Early this year huh?" I mutter to myself.

Taking a quick, warm shower, I don my long sleeved white buttoned-shirt, a waistcoat, my black pants and leather shoes. The usual, although due to the cold weather, I had another extra layer of clothing in the form of my favorite trench coat. Very cliche for a detective, although I don't wear a tophat.

I didn't really have time for a meal, so I just grabbed a piece of bread from the fridge and moved on.

Locking the door to my apartment, I proceeded to my Black Pick-up Truck. It doesn't bear any police symbols, although it does have a hidden police light that I can turn on if some retard decided to break curfew rules at night.

It's interior was somewhat different from other Pick-ups. It featured a small monitor, about the size of a laptop screen, that offers a satellite image of the entire town and the surrounding area. It also displayed active police vehicle operating in the area.

Wasting no time analyzing it, I hit the gas and proceeded to drive towards the site of the incident.

The streets have barely any traffic in it, since the town only had a population of 1,500. Any incident like this would obviously draw a lot of attention in a peaceful town like this. Plus, people preferred using bikes here, which is somewhat unique for my standards, growing up in Seattle.

Nearing the site, I could already see a crowd gathered there. Through the gaps I could barely make out the yellow police tapes lining the perimeter of the alleyway the corpse should be in.

Parking somewhere devoid of a heavy crowd, I exit the vehicle and squished my way through the crowd to the site.

"Credentials, Felix?"

"Come on Duke. Do I really need to?" I replied to Duke, a Junior Officer below me

"Sorry, big scene. Gotta be professional about this"

I sighed and showed him my Wallet, revealing my ID.

"Alright head right in Detective"

I nod in acknowledgment as he made way for me.

Finally out of the crowd, I wasted no time in investigating the body.

There I meet Mark. He is a Sergeant of the Police Station I work in, and a very close friend of mine

"So, what's up?" I say as I leaned down to inspect the mangled corpse

"Oh you're here!" he says, in relief "Can't make out the marks left by the killer. Arteries are popped open, Kidneys are missing, and the throat has been ripped clean..."

"Yeah, I can see that..."

"Could it be a wolf? I doubt it'd enter a city like this" he comments

"No, probably not. By the looks of it, either some psychopath did this or an urban monster"