Part 2 Investigation

Slowly opening my eyes, I could see the blurry image of my ceiling as well as a bluish glow coming from my window. Turning from my bed to see the window, I could see that window was somewhat covered with snow now. The bluish glow was probably coming from the snow outside.

Paying no attention to it, I groggily get out of my bed to do my usual morning routine. This time, I took my time taking a shower, and actually had a proper breakfast this time, unlike yesterday. Checking my phone for any new messages, I could see that I've received one from Mark.

"Tests just came back. Her name is Maurice Connor. She's from Portland. Only came to town a few days ago. Chief wants you to trace her steps the moment she entered town"

Well atleast we were able to identify her. As for tracing her steps, that's basically what I usually do. Not a big deal, especially if she only entered town a few days ago.

Donning my Trench Coat, I proceeded to enter my vehicle and arrive at the Police Station.

Looking out from my windscreen, I could note several people inside the station. By the looks of it, it seems like the Media is here. Just what the hell was Mary up to last night? Well, no point in staying here I guess. 

The moment I approached the glass door, several media members ran up towards me, mic on hand, asking questions. 

"Detective, has the killer been identified?"

"Sir, how do you want to counter-act this incident? Is the town safe?"

"Sir, how do you plan on finding the killer?"

God I hate the media. I swear if Mary has something to do with this I'm gonna need to pay her a visit

"Well umm... We were just been able to identify the individual, although I can't tell you any more than that" I say before pushing myself against the crowd to enter the Station.

Now that I'm inside, I breath a sigh of relief before proceeding to my office. There I find Vera Marston, an autopsy surgeon working at the hospital. She rarely gets cases like these

"So, any idea what killed her?" I ask as I enter the room

Vera flinches a bit, before turning around to greet me

"Oh... you scared me" She chuckles "Good to meet you too detective"

"Yeah sorry" I chuckle as well "Medias' been bothering me since yesterday. Just want this to end soon" 

"Yeah must be hard huh?" she exclaims "Anyways, here's the report. It's... interesting to say the least" 

She then hands me a document containing the autopsy report of the murder

'What the hell? Animal Claws? Human bite marks? Vital Organs containing saliva of the same individual?"

"Yeah it's creepy. We thought the killer may be a cannibal with sharp claws or something, but we were able to extract some pieces of claws resembling that of a Cat"

"A cat?" I ask confused

"Yup you heard me. A Cat"

"That's... interesting indeed. Killer might be a furry or something" I comment sarcastically

"Really? A furry, Detective?"

I grin in reply "Anyways, thanks for the report. Does the Chief know about this?"

"Yup, showed it to him earlier" she replies "So, I guess that's all then"

I nod before she leaves the room.

Flipping the pages of the Document, there, her personal information is shown, along with her family's address

"Well, I guess I better start working on this. Off to Portland we go"