Part 3 The New Mission

Somewhere near Clear Lake Oregon, United States, 2 figures emerge from the forest treading South to what seems to be an endless forest.

Yet, they keep walking as if this was a normal thing in their line of work. Well, in fact it is, as their work place is hidden within the forests.

Avelyne, along with her co-worker, Luke, follows a faint path through the dense foliage, dodging twigs and branches hanging off trees.

"We should be close" Avelyne calls out

"Yeah, I can tell" Luke replies "I already counted 3 Cameras on the way here"

"Wait, 3? I only counted 2" Avelyne exclaims

"Well what can I say? I've always been the better man" Luke jests with a prideful tone in his voice

Avelyne groans but doesn't give a reply, instead keeping her thoughts to herself.

Eventually, after that brief exchange, they finally made it to a small clearing. 

Tree stumps dot the plain area, yet there, at the middle stands a small shack. It seemed run-down, with holes in the roof and a nasty leak on its wall. 

"I guess we're here" Avelyne says "Been awhile since I got back to the Facility" She adds as she opens the door to the shack, revealing a hidden trap door. Its outline is barely visible to those who pay not much attention to it. 

Avelyne slips a finger to a small slit disguised as a dent on the ground and lifts the door open.

"Pussies first" she smirks

"Says the idiot who got lunged by a human" Luke rolls his eyes as climbs down 

Avelyne pouts at the comment and follows him down the ladder, closing the door above her. 

Climbing down to what seems to be a 9 meter drop, she eventually makes contact with the solid cement surface. 

Looking down at the corridor, a fluorescent lightbulb illuminates the circular hallway. At the end of it, she could see Luke swiping a card to a terminal right next to an Iron Door.

A beep echoes through the hallway, followed by a green flash of light from the terminal as the Iron Door Unlocks.

"Short Blondies first" he smirks 

Avelyne does the same expression Luke did awhile ago as he climbed down the Trap Door, although she doesn't comment on it. 

Entering the door, she finds herself in a rectangular concrete room with an Iron, more heavily fortified door on the end and a window on the top right of where she is looking. 

The window had see-through glass, and through it she could make out the figures of Facility Members behind a Computer looking down on her.

She takes out her wallet and pulls out a Foundation ID, followed by Luke.

Upon seeing the Cards, a member pushes a button which slides a tray from the Wall.

"None Foundation Digital-Electronics please. Phones, Laptops, GPS and such" A Facility member announces through a microphone.

The duo follows their instructions and drop some of their Gadgets. Luke, dropping his phone, as well as Avelyne who drops her bag carrying a laptop and her other electronics.

The Facility Members nod and opens another door in front of them, to which they follow, with guards scanning them for electronics in the process. 

Now officially inside the facility, none of them seemed happy to be there. To be fair, it was underground and barely anything to do other than chores and watch television. Devices that are not provided by the Foundation are prohibited for security reasons.