Part 5 A Decision

Upon gaining consciousness, I slowly open my eyes to see nothing but a dimly lit ceiling. I can't seem to make out where I am. Looking from left to right, I realize that I was inside my car the whole time, leaning on my adjusted seat.

Was I asleep I thought to myself. I pinch the gap between my eyes as I slowly regain my energy. It seems like I was still parked outside the Pet Shop Avelyne told me about, (though at that time I was unaware I was under amnesia) and it seemed like I fell asleep. I can't quite remember when I got here, although seeing how it was still night, it cannot have been long.

As I rise from my adjusted seat to get a better view I feel a sudden pain on my  shoulder, as if I was stabbed by something. Just as I notice the pain, a sudden flash of me being shot filled my thoughts, then snapping back to reality.

Wait a minute... Was I knocked out? I contemplate

As I run my finger on the wound, getting a feel of it, the door to my passenger seat opens. It was Avelyne, with a worried look, although we've only known each other for an hour, her expression felt wrong.

"Avelyne, what happened?" I ask, confused

"Um.. Well..." she stuttered, but then straightened herself "When I got here I saw you lying on the ground, so I dragged you back to the car and patched you up" she replied 

"When you got here?" I question "But didn't we go here together? Who was that man who shot me?" I asked, pressured

"Wait, you remember?" she replies "But you were knocked out"

"Avelyne..." As I was about to ask, I decided not to pressure her, for now "Nevermind. Did you get any information regarding the suspect?"

"Yes, but I'll pass it on to the Police Department. Just rest there and take it easy. I only managed to stop the bleeding so best you don't open it again" she says, peering out the doorway and closing it.

She walks a couple meters away and takes out her phone. I suspect it's her Agency she's calling. Looking back to my wound, I wonder. Perhaps if I press the wound some more, it may give me some of my lost memories back. I can tell I've lost some, as I am quite confident I went inside the Store with Avelyne. Well, atleast I remember a small figment of it. 

We were inside the shop, at the front desk, looking down on a ledger, but that's about it. Taking a deep breath, I push the wound with my thumb. I could feel trickles of blood coming out, but I kept pushing harder until, I remembered. 

A man without a face, holding his gun up pointing to me, and my blonde colleague administering amnestic to the night shift worker of the shop 

I pull my thumb away, panting hard, heart beating through my ears. Though the memory is incomplete, the very image of Avelyne shooting the worker with a tranquillizer gave me enough reason to believe she did the same to me.

I look out the window, still seeing her on the phone. 

That bitch I curse to myself

I open a hidden container at the side of my seat, and pull out a small compact gun. A Makarov pistol I got out of the civilian market. It had a relatively smaller caliber than my usual everyday carry pistol, but realizing I wasn't wearing my gun holster, which was probably removed by Avelyne when she covered my wound, I had to resort to this pocket pistol of mines which I never fired.

Avelyne POV

Avelyne was surprised on how fast Felix woke up. It hasn't even been 30 minutes and yet there he was, awake, with the amnestic seemingly having an effect on him, though she doesn't understand how he could remember some of the events that transpired.