Part 9 Exploitation

The sun rises over the mountain top. The trees rustle as the gentle breeze of the morning wind strikes through the forests below.

Yet as we delve deeper into the depths of the mountain, there Avelyne sits, bruised in her arms and her resolve still refuses to give up the information in her head.

"I told you" She says, panting heavily on the floor at the stress she had endured " I'm not telling you anything." 

her vision was blurred, and it felt like she was about to pass out in any second. However, if she did, her interrogator would just wake her up again by all means necessary. Waterboarding, electrocution, beatings and other nonlethal methods.

She looks up and sees the frustrated expression of her female interrogator.

She expected her to hit her at least, but no. She turns and leaves through the door. Perhaps she went to take a break? Breakfast? Not sure. All that matters is that she could close her eyes and take a breather.

She didn't know for how long she rested however, but she could tell it wasn't long. The splash of ice-cold water drenches through the fabrics of her clothes, her white polo sleeved shirt becoming almost transparent. She shivers uncontrollably and as she looks up; the woman was there again.

"Sit down" she orders.

Avelyne does as told, not wanting to agitate her as much as she had already.

She sits on the chair, still shivering. 

The woman had a document with her with some papers inside. Avelyne ponders over what its contents are. It's not like the know anything about her or the Foundation. If they did, they wouldn't go through all this effort interrogating her. 

She pulls out a Document and reads out its contents.

"Felix Lyfeld. Ex-Marine, currently the only Detective active in New Monarchia" she says "Correct?"

Avelyne tilts her head with a raised brow "What's he got to do with this?"

The woman chuckles as she shuffles through the contents of the documents.

"Well, we broke him. We know everything" she says bluntly with a smile. 

"What do you mean? He knows nothing." Ava replies

The interrogator smiles and stands "Well that's what you think" she says, grinning and chuckling as she orbits the interrogation table "He is the Detective of New Monarchia so what else would you expect? Chimeras. Universal Seed. Murder Cases and Dr. Horton." She maneuvers behind Avelyne "Sad to say those were his last words."

"What?" Avelyne questions 

"Well, yeah as I said. Last words. Gave up everything the last minute. Probably figured he was about to die" She chuckles.

Avelyne's expression falls. Her face was that of despair and regret. It's not like her and the Detective were that close of friends. More like colleagues of sorts. Yet the thought of her not being able to see him again felt heavy on her chest. Her feelings were mixed.

Why did I get him involved? If he wasn't here, he'd still be alive. I'm such a dumbass.

"So" The interrogator continues "Are you going to tell us everything now?" 

The woman continues to lean closer "Well?"

Avelyne's face shot up, shiny eyes glaring back directly at her "Not a damn thing" she scowls.

+++++ Felix's Room +++++

I wake up, head still dizzy from last night. Whoever these guys are, they don't really seem to play nice.