.ⅸ

"HEY, MATT." SHE SAID APPROCHING the boy.

he smiled as he said "hey, nai."

"are we the only ones awake?" the girl asked seeing nobody else.

"yeah, i wouldn't be up but i didn't get much sleep last night."

"me either." she said sighing.

she was about to leave the room as matt spoke up, "wait, stay. i want to talk to you about something."

"yeah?"

"why'd we break up? there's got to be a specific reason."

"i don't know, matt. i just believe we didn't want our friendship to be ruined."

"but yet, it's still awkward between us?" he said almost interrupting her.

"matt, i don't want to talk about it."

"naiomi. i miss you, i really do. i want you to be my girlfriend again."

the girl heard that and woke up from the dream sighing, she was disappointed at it being a dream, but she was also relived because that's not how she wanted to picture them dating again. if it ever happened.

"really?" nick questioned as the girl just spoke to him about her dream.

"yeah, it was so weird, and it's not like i still have feelings for him." that was a lie.

it was so obvious to nick and everyone else they still liked each other. just not the other two.

"oh, are you sure?" nick asks.

"yes nick. i'm positive, i don't know why you guys keep questioning it. it'd be so weird if we did like each other. more awkward than it is now."

"i'm just going to leave it alone. but i don't buy anything you're saying, even for a second."

the girl sighed. she knew nick out of all people other than rynn could read her like a book. she hated the way she missed him, the way she had the urge to automatically feel safe in his arms when they hugged, and the way she missed him in general, all of him.

✰