Harper

"Harper you have thirty five minutes to get ready before you have to leave for aunt Lilly's!", mom tells me. "Thanks mom." I groan. I finished my senior year and still have to get up early. I graduate this Friday, then I am off to college. Thank goodness I took all the extra classes so now I only have to go for a year.

Today I  am helping out at my Great Aunt Lilly's  restaurant. She retired and is letting Nancy take over. She has been working there for years and knows how everything is done and, sometimes when I have free time, I help out when someone calls off work. I tutor Nancy's son, Ryan. Over the summer that's how I met Tori, her family has a cabin they stay at during the summer. She actually works at the restaurant during the summer.

Last year Nancy told Tori about my tutoring Ryan and sent her my way when she almost failed her Junior year thanks to Amy Walford. Tori had to write an essay that was worth 100% of her grade for her class to pass her junior year, so Tori wrote it then asked Amy to read it over. When she did Amy completely deleted her essay a day before it was due, Amy said it was an accident but we all know that's bullshit, so Tori came to me and I found a way to recover her essay, we went over it and it was a damn good essay and ever since we've been friends.

My shift is going well until I see Tori's brother and his friends come in and sit in my area. Let's just say they are assholes and give me a hard time even though I have no idea what I ever did to them. I look over at them and of course they are all glaring at me. What the actual fuck! I am getting really tired of their shit. Yeah, I am getting Mable to wait on them today, so I go in the back and ask if she wants to switch. She has a large group and I only have them but she is happy to switch. I watch her go over. Bless her heart, she is 77 and missing three front teeth, but she moves fast for her age. You can see how mad they are, that I am not waiting on them. Oh well, they should have been nice to me. As I go into the back to get my order Mabel comes in, "I am sorry honey but those really hot boys keep asking for you." I sigh, "Okay thanks, I guess we will switch back." She nods and heads back out. Damn, I really don't want to go back out there. I take a deep breath and go over to their table. Smiling at them I ask, "Are you ready to order?" The big guy replies, "Yeah I want a vanilla milkshake, a cheeseburger with everything, and fries." I look at the other two, "We will have the same only I want strawberry and he will take chocolate," replies Tori's brother. I nod and put in the order. When it's ready I take it over but it's a different story. "This isn't what I ordered," the big guy says. We argue back and forth, "Yes it is!" "No it isn't! As a matter of fact you got all of them wrong!" I was fuming and said, "I know this is what you ordered!" Tori's brother responded with a smirk, "Yeah, well I think we should see what your Manager says!" I have never wanted to hit anyone more! If I knew it wouldn't make Tori mad I would punch her brother right in the face! "Okay, I will get her for you.", I said with a smile.

"Nancy, the boys wanna speak to you.", I say. She sighs, "Come on then." We walk out to their table and they smirk, "Hello boys, is there a problem? I was told you wanted to speak to me." She's trying to keep smiling. "Yeah, we what to tell you your waitress got our order wrong." the quiet one says. "Is that so, well, I will take these plates away and I will take your order again. So, what did you order?" I try and hide my smile because that's not what they were expecting. "No it's fine, we will eat it, we just wanted to let you know that your waitress isn't very good at her job.", Tori's brother tells her. I swear I am going to throat punch him! "Well, you are the only ones who complain about her because everyone else that comes here asks for her. She is the best waitress I have. Try to enjoy your food, boy's.", she says. We return to the back, "You want me to kick their ass for you honey?", Mable asks me. I try so hard not to laugh. "No Mable that's okay but thank you for the offer, you are a sweetheart." I give her a hug, "Those boys are trouble and if they come in again when you are working I will take over for you.", Nancy says as she hugs me. I thank her and she tells me I can leave for the day.