Two. all roads lead back to you

II. all roads lead back to you

      Being a Kook was a fantasy life

      Being a Kook was a fantasy life. The kind you see in movies. The kind you hear in songs about cool kids, the invincible adolescents; they live a good life yet they don't have a clue about what's going on outside of their bubble. Rich kids don't have to care about anyone else but themselves. They have everything they need in their small wasteland of an island.

Bridger rested on the back of Topper's boat with a pair of black sunglasses covering his eyes. An arm stretched over his head and Inez laid beside him on her side, her arm rested on his bare chest. It was scorching hot in Kildare which meant it was a perfect day to go out on the water.

Even though there was still families struggling from the aftermath of Hurricane Agatha.

Topper directed the fast moving boat with Sarah close to his body. The Kook friends were quiet but it was peaceful.

JJ Maybanks water color eyes spotted the boat from the opposite end of the marsh. He felt his jaw drop. "You guys see that?" He said to the other, gaining their attention. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxery, quality, and performance." 

Pope shook his head. "We picked the wrong parents." He mumbled.

When Kiara saw the boat they were speaking of, her face darkened into a bitter glare. "I hate to break it to you guys but that's Topper and Bridger with their girlfriends."

And that's when their eyes met. 

Sitting up slightly, resting on his elbows, Bridger lowered his sunglasses at the same time they passed by the HMS Pogue. His lip curled into a sneer at the sight of the Pogues but then his eyes met with JJ. Sun kissed, sweaty, and glowing. It had been a long time since he saw him. Neither of them were willing to look away.

JJ felt his body tense up at the sight of the Kook prince with his girlfriend by his side, her arm wrapped around him so freely. His hands tightened into fists, the rings on his fingers cutting into his skin from the pressure.

When the boats finally passed by, Bridger released a shaky breath as his eyes tore away from JJ's.He pulled his sunglasses back up. Inez opened her eyes and looked his way. "Are you okay?" She asked softly, seeing the disgruntled look on his face.

"Yeah, I'm okay." He quickly said back, smiling down at her convincingly.

She returned the smile and reached up, pressing her lips to his. It was the only kiss they shared where Bridger's focus wasn't on her.

MAY 18, 2018
4:00 PM
FIGURE EIGHT

Summer had officially started. Every student on Kildare Island was planning their first night of the season. Bridger lounged by Topper's pool while Rafe and Kelce were in the water playing volleyball. "Yo, what are we doing tonight? There's no way we're staying in on the first night of Summer." Rafe said after spiking the inflatable ball.