Fifteen. you're on your own, kid

XV.   you're on your own, kid

      Bridger and his dad hadn't spoken since what happened at Midsummers

      Bridger and his dad hadn't spoken since what happened at Midsummers. Mostly because the man was never home anymore. He was always at the bar with his friends and when he was home, he avoided his son at all costs. Bridger didn't mind, really, considering he was avoiding the entire island all together. He knew what people were saying about him.  He was no longer the Kook Prince. He was the gay kid,  the guy who caused at scene at Midsummers, and the guy with daddy issues. The reputation he spent so many years building was deteriorating.

But he had JJ. That's all he would ever need.

Sarah was the only person who understood. She liked John B. Their relationship was a secret. Sarah was a Kook and he was a Pogue. They were basically living the same life. The only issue was, Rafe was Sarah's brother and Bridger was doing everything in his power to avoid him.

It was foreign. Rafe and Bridger were best friends. Maybe their friendship was toxic but Rafe really did care about Bridger even if he was terrible at showing it. He was like the brother he never had. But Rafe was too invested in drowning his life away in the white powder that had seemingly taken over his life. Bridger didn't want to be apart of it anymore.

There was a rapid knock on the front door and Bridger quickly got off the couch. His eyes widened when he saw Sarah on the other side, hysterically crying. "Sarah? What happened?"

She crashed into him and her arms wrapped themselves tightly around his neck. Bridger stumbled back. "I didn't know who else to talk to," she cried out. "Y-You're the only one who understands."

Bridger hugged her tightly. "Sarah, what happened?"

"T-Topper. He-He. . . He called me a slut," the girl stuttered through her small cries.

"I'll fucking kill him."

"No, no!" She quickly said and hugged his neck tighter. "Please don't do anything."

He frowned at how desperate and heartbroken she sounded. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry." He uttered.

Sarah pulled back and looked at him with a teary eyed expression. "I don't care that you're gay. I-I mean I do, of course I do, but that doesn't change who you are. You're my best friend, Bridger. You'll always be my best friend.  I don't give a shit what anybody says.  You're the best guy there will ever be."

Bridger nodded quickly at her words and pulled her back into the hug. "Thank you. I love you."

She laid her head on his shoulder. "I'm so sorry about John B. I didn't mean for any of that to happen."

"It's not your fault, Sarah." He promised her. He slowly cracked a smirk. "I was right about the boy toy thing."

She chuckled with a sniffle. "Yeah, okay. Whatever."