Thirty Two. wanna find peace of mind

XXXII.   wanna find peace of mind

      Pope informed the group about a man that worked for Ward named Gavin and that he assumed the Cameron man forced him to keep quiet about what happened on the Tarmac

      Pope informed the group about a man that worked for Ward named Gavin and that he assumed the Cameron man forced him to keep quiet about what happened on the Tarmac. Bridger sat in the backseat of Kiara's car with JJ as she drove them to the guy's house on the other side of the island. "If this guy was flying planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight lipped." Pope spoke.

"So direct approach gets my vote," said JJ and he cocked the gun back that he was holding in his hand.

"My vote is hitting you upside the head. Put that thing away!" Bridger snapped and lowered through weapon.

"JJ, no!"

"What!" Pope and Kiara scolded as well.

"Look, We gotta keep this simple or we'll never get John B off!"

"Pulling a gun on someone is not simple, Vincent Vega."

"Or we could just tickle the wire," Pope suggested and help up an AirPod case, showing it to them.

"What?" Kie questioned with furrowed brows.

"We tickle the wire. I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen on your Airpods." He elaborated while putting them in his ears. He held his phone out to the girl. "Say something."

She blinked. "Something."

When her words repeated in his ear, they perked up.  "Okay, we have audio." He told them.

JJ pursed his lips. "I still like my idea better." He grumbled.

Bridger sent him a narrow look. "I like any idea that isn't illegal."

"Aww, stop pretending you don't love my ideas." He teased and pinched his cheek.

He slapped his hand away and flickered his forehead.

After directing Kiara to where the man lived, they arrived in front of his house and she parked on the other side of the street. "Alright. Call, or, uh—yell if you see anything suspicious," Pope told her, stammering his words.

Bridger reached forward and patted his shoulder. "Good luck, buddy."

Kiara shook her head. "Don't do anything dangerous."

He sent her a slight smirk. "C'mon, I'm not JJ." He replied and got out of the vehicle.

The newcomer laughed. Funny, Pope. Bridge and I love third wheeling. It's my favorite thing!" JJ said with sarcasm.

"It's like watching a really awkward rom com!" Said Bridger, loud enough with hopes that Pope would hear him.

The two of them laughed while Kiara just rolled her eyes. It went quiet as Pope did his thing and Bridger awkwardly tapped his nails against the window. "How's it been going?" JJ broke the silence, the question directed to the girl sitting behind the wheel. "Y'know, with Pope and all?"