Eleven. all the things I did

XI.   all the things I did

      How do you go about defining love when you've never felt it? 

How do you define what love is when the one person who was supposed to love you, hurts you? Love is a word that that a million different means yet nobody can ever seem to only have one definition. It's a word that gets used too loosely. Bridger wanted to love. He wanted to tell the world how much he loved but he couldn't, because he didn't even know of what he was feeling was love. 

Crimson stained his broken and bruised skin. It covered his split knuckles, trailed down his temples all the way to his cheeks, and leaked from his cracked lips. He wasn't sure if what he was feeling was heartbreak or relief; relief that he had finally stuck up to his father or heartbreak because he knew any kind of relationship they had was no more. Did they really even have one? They were two empty souls living under the same room, forced to have to see each other and be reminded of what they've lost and seen.

Bridger hated his father but he missed the person he used to be.

A tap on his window is what made Bridger stand up from his bed. His heart rate quickened and he wasted no time running over to his window. He pulled back the curtains and saw Inez on the other side. Her beautiful eyes filled with worry when she saw his state.

With a wounded heart, Bridger opened the window.

"Bridger, what the hell happened?" Inez asked quickly when she climbed into his room. Her eyes trailed to the blood all over him and lingered on his broken knuckles.

"It's nothing," he responded, not willing to tell her the truth.

"Bridge, where the hell have you been?" She breaded out. "Y-You haven't said a word to me and you haven't been answering my calls. A-And now you look like you just beat the shit out of someone!"

"I did."

She blinked in shock. "What? Who?"

"My father." He responded bitterly.

The girl's face fell. "What happened?"

"It's nothing, Nez. I don't want to talk about it." He dismissed and walked closer to her.

There was desperation in her eyes. "Babe, what is going on with you?"

He cupped her face. "What do you mean?"

She rested her hands on his wrists. "You know what I mean. You keep saying there's nothing wrong but I know there is. And don't tell me you haven't been distant because you have been."

"I'm just dealing with some shit right now, Inez. It's nothing to worry about. I'm sorry," Bridger told her and kissed her before she could say anything else.

It was a different kiss. It wasn't their usual loving and gentle kind of kisses. Bridger held her face tightly. Inez was shocked by how forceful he was but she kissed him back, holding his torso. The boy backed her up to his bed, all while still holding her close to him. Their lips never separated.