Twenty Five. giving you all my love

XXV.   giving you all my love

      JJ could see that Bridger was hurting

JJ could see that Bridger was hurting. His hands were wrapped tightly around the steering wheel and even in the dark of night, he could see that his knuckles were white. JJ was the only person who understood the movements. He tried to conceal his anger and disappointment with a protective nature. That's what he had always done. He didn't like for people to know that he was hurting on the inside. It's what made them so similar: JJ tried to make everything better while Bridger tired to protect everyone.

He tried to understand. Part of him couldn't simply because it was Rafe Cameron. The boy was notorious for being a horrible person, which confused JJ even more on why Bridger was so upset. But then he knew, because Rafe to Bridger is what John B was to him. They were best friends (not anymore, that is) even if Rafe was older. Bridger's entire life fell apart after his mom's death which caused him to believe he didn't have anyone to turn to other than the Cameron boy. Rafe opened up to him and influenced him the only way he knew how; by destroying him.

JJ knew the rich boy smoked. Hell, they smoked together numerous times. It's how they had their first kiss. But he never knew how bad it actually was. The blonde grew up around drugs because of his father and his asshole friends. It was always laying around the house, in his dad's room, and most of the time thrown out in their yard. A part of JJ didn't want to believe that Bridger was hooked on the poison but he was and it was all Rafe's fault.

That's why JJ was so thankful that his friends accepted him even after all the terrible stuff he had done. He really wanted to change, he just needed a chance to, and the Pogues were his chance. Bridger was so much more than what he believed himself to be, and JJ would forever remind him of that.

Somewhere along the journey, Bridger and Kiara switched seats and the girl was now driving. He sat in the passenger seat with his eyes closed from exhaustion. Pope and JJ sat in the back passing a blunt back and forth. Pope was out of it and while Bridger thought it was funny, he made their situation worse than it already was.

The familiar road that they were taking made Bridger air up straight in his seat. He glanced at the driver.  "Why are we at Sarah's?" He voiced.

"She's the only one that can clear John B's name,"  Kiara explained and pulled the car over on the sidewalk. They began to get out of the car. She pointed to the very high teenager. "Pope, you're going to come with me. I have a plan." She looked at Bridger.  "Bridger, you want to come?"

He shook his head. "No, I should stay with the culprit with the weed stash," he proclaimed and gave JJ a look. "I don't trust him by himself."

JJ gave him a sly wink and a lazy half smile.

Kiara nodded at his response. "Okay. Let's do this." She declared and turned her flashlight on. She swiftly climbed over the wall and Pope followed after her, struggling to get over.