Karma

A/N: I changed the ending of this clip.

EL
Losing Hopper was the biggest fear I had ever realised, and now that it was my reality, nothing mattered. I didn't care that Joyce was moving me halfway across the country.

It was time for me to start fresh. With the events such as Hawkins Lab and the tragedy at Starcourt Mall behind me, I needed to start fresh. I didn't have my powers. To the outside world, I was normal. I was just a teenager attending a new school. Obviously, to my friends and family, I was the teen who spent the first 12 years of her life in a government lab being tested on.

The Byers and I had moved to California, previously home to Max and her late brother. Mike and I had been sending letters to each other, counting down the days till he'd come and vist me. Nancy wasn't coming to vist Jonathan, as her busy life required all of her attention.

I wasn't the only one suffering. Joyce was very much upset with how things ended between her and Hopper. If it hadn't been for that stupid Russian agent, Hopper wouldn't have been next to the key that opened the gate. He would've been behind the glass, helping Joyce close the gate.

Everyone thought that I'd be most affected by Hopper's death, as he had become a prominent parental figure in my life, but Joyce and Hopper had been closer. Hopper had been there for her when Will's father left, when Bob died, when the lab had closed down and she became paranoid about her magnets. Throughout everything, he had been there for her.

Hopper and I had been super close, which is why I wanted to tell my class about my relationship with him. I had created a diorama. It had a few small trees made out of cardboard. The cabin was made out of cardboard and popsicle sticks. I had turned a small figurine into a figurine of Hopper and used a toy car to represent his car. I had pretty much replicated the cabin and the surrounding area inside a small box. Will was impressed. So were Joyce and Jonathan. Joyce seemed especially impressed.

Getting to school, I got to class. My presentation went well. People seemed uninterested, apart from my teacher, who had a few questions. Of course, I couldn't tell her the majority of my life, but what I did tell her, she seemed intrigued about.

Making my way to my next class, my diorama in my hands, I saw Angela and a few of her friends. Angela was the most popular girl in school.

She purposefully knocked the diorama out of my hands, and before I could pick it up, one of her friends kicked it away from me. They proceded to wreck it. Jumping on it, squishing it and kicking around like a soccer ball. A croud of students had gathered around by now. I was on my knees, watching as my diorama, a diorama meant to comemorate Hopper, was being trashed and destroyed by a bunch of mouthbreathers. They found joy by doing this. Each of them kept laughing, knowing how much this was upsetting me. Even people in the croud started laughing.

Slowly, the group of teens walked away, leaving me trying not to cry. As I watched them walk away, an anger errupted inside of me. I felt my hands ball up into fists. My heart was racing as I felt a sudden burst of energy explode. Feeling angry and wanting revenge, I stood up.

"Angela!" I yelled in anger, causing her and her friends to turn around, looking at me. Everyone was confused.

Staring at her with a death glare, like I had done years prior to men and women from the lab, I swung and flexed my hand. I focused all of my energy on her and her alone, screaming as Angela went flying. Everyone turned to look between her and me. I dropped my hand. I felt my nose starting to bleed as I took deep breaths in, everyone slowly backing away.

For the first time in 6 months, I used my powers. I thought that my powers dissapeared when I removed the piece of the Mind Flayer from my leg.

Will quickly ran to me, picking up the barely in-tact diorama as he grabbed my hand, running. I followed him.