Justice for Barb

NANCY
She had found Will. El had found Will and he seemed safe enough. Jonathan and Mrs Byers were both crying with joy as El communicated with Will in her void. Moving closer to Eleven, I held her hand.

"E-Eleven...can you find Barb?" I asked, nervous.

We waited for 5 minutes. Dustin, Lucas and Mike all were happy to know that their friend was still alive. Jonathan's hand was around my shoulder, holding me. He could tell that I was nervous. After a while, I was starting to worry that El had either not been able to find Barb, or she had found Barb and Barb was dead. When I heard El whimpering, my heart dropped.

"H-Have you found Barb?" I held El's hand.

"Breathing. She's breathing." My heart started pumping faster. My breathing was going normal. Barb was alive, barely.

I was overjoyed. Just like Will, Barb was still alive. I watched as El ripped off the blindfold, clearly panicked about seeing both Barb and Will in a horrible place. Mrs Byers comforted El as she cried, Hopper taking deep breaths in and out. Mike, Dustin and Lucas helped El out of the pool, Mike immediately getting a towel to help dry Eleven.
———
It was official. Jonathan and I went off with Mrs Byers and Hopper to rescue Will and Barb. Getting caught after cutting through the fence that separated Hawkins National Lab from the rest of Hawkins, each of us were handcuffed. Hopper and Mrs Byers were separated, yet Jonathan and I were put in the same room, our hands handcuffed to the metal chairs we were sitting on. 

I could hear Mrs Byers yelling from the room next door.

"Let me out of here! Somebody, please!" Jonathan sighed when he heard his mom yelling. I wished that we were just rescuing Will and Barb.

Hearing the door unlock, the devil himself walked through the doorway. He sat down opposite us, his hands clasped together like a lock attached to a door.

"Your brother. We know that your mother has been in contact with him." He spoke, his voice soft, yet menacing. Jonathan seemed anrgy at this man, and rightfully so. Hopper had filled us in on everything that this man had done, and his possible connection to Eleven.

"You have to let us-" Jonathan didn't want to engage with small talk. Just like Hopper, Mrs Byers and I, he wanted Will and Barbara back.

"-when...and how did she make contact with him?" Brenner asked, Jonathan staying silent.

"Six." Brenner spoke, confusing Jonathan and I.

"What?" I asked, looking at Jonathan who seemed just as confused.

"Six. Six people have been taken this week. This...thing that took your son...we don't really understand it." Brenner elaborated.

"But its behavior is predictable. Like all animals...it eats." I knew all of this. Jonathan and I had compared it to a shark, who could smell blood from a mile away.

"It will take more sons. More daughters. More brothers. More sisters. More friends. I want to save them. I want to save your brother." We thought that Brenner was trying to scare us, but it didn't work. We weren't threatened by him.

"But I can't do that. Not without your help." He leaned back.

JOYCE
"I want to save them. I want to save your son and Miss Wheeler's friend." He spoke. I heard him giving the same speech to Nancy and Jonathan in the same room. I wouldn't've been surprised if he had given the same speech to Hopper.

"But I can't do that. Not without your help." He propositioned.

"Stop. I know who you are. I know what you've done. You took my boy away from me! You left him in that place to die! You faked his death! We had a funeral. We buried him. And now you're asking for my help?" I was broken to tears. How dare this man try to pretend like he was trying to help. Because of him, this creature took my son. He took Nancy's friend. He ruined our lives and he was trying to help?

"Go to hell." I coldly looked into his eyes, not wanting to even so much as breathe the same air as him.

NANCY
Brenner walked back into the room, this time with armed guards, Mrs Byers and Hopper. Hopper explained that he offered a deal to Brenner, and he accepted. He had a simple plan. He and Mrs Byers would go in and find Will first. Once he was found and brought back into our world, they would go back in and find Barb, before bringing her back to our world, depending if she was still alive.

This plan went off without trouble. In hazmat suits, Mrs Byers and Hopper went into the Upside-Down, finding and resusitating Will. They brought him back into the real world and he was immediately rushed to a hospital. Going back inside, they managed to find Barb, barely hanging on. They rushed her limp body to the hospital, managing to get her to a stable condition.

I sat in her room, watching as she breathed in through the tubes within her nose. Her parents entered, both of them crying as Mrs Holland hugged her sleeping daughter. Mr Holland hugged me, thanking me for finding and saving his daughter.