Sacrifice

A/N: This was requested by CourtneyVelasquez. You're related to Eleven. You decide to sacrifice yourself in order to save Max.

Y/N
You watched from the other side of the attic as Jason punched Lucas to the point of no return. Feeling useless, you used your powers (similar to Eleven's) to raise Jason above Lucas, sending him flying as far as you could across the room.

"Shit." You and Lucas panicked when you noticed that Jason had broken Max's Walkman, basically dooming her.

Seeing that Max was still under Vecna's control, you hoped that maybe El would try and help.

"What do we do, Y/N? Max's Walkman is broken and we can't fix it!" Lucas cried, trying his best to remain calm.

"If El knows about what's going on, she won't hesitate to save Max. I think that El is our only hope." You admitted, feeling defeated.

Sitting next to Lucas, you prayed that maybe Max was going to be okay, that maybe El would save her in time.

ELEVEN
"Before I kill you...I want you to watch." Vecna tilted his head, using his powers to wrap tenticles around Max's wrists, ankles and neck.

"Papa is dead. I know what he did to you. You were different. Like me. And he hurt you. He made you...into this. He is the monster, Henry. Not you." I tried to convince him, the tenticles wrapping around my body as well.

"You're right. You and I, we are different. And Papa did hurt me. But he was no monster. He was just a man. An ordinary, mediocre man. That is why he sought greatness in others. In you. And me." He spoke, so very close to killing both of us.

Y/N
Without warning, Max lifted from her position on the floor, levitating into the air. You were scared. Lucas was so close to losing his best friend. You were getting worried, as you feared that maybe El wasn't able to get Max away from Vecna.

"I'm going in." You informed Lucas, who smiled, hoping that you'd be fast enough to save her.

Closing your eyes, you took a few deep breaths in and out, focusing on finding Max, El and Vecna.

After a lot of looking, you stumbled upon Vecna's lair, seeing El up against a door and Max knocked out.

Getting closer, you started to worry. El looked like she was one tenticle away from dying.

"Henry." You spoke, watching as he turned to face you.

"Y/N. What a surprise." He tilted his head.

"Let them go." You spoke, getting closer to him.

"Why would I do that?" He asked, confused.

"You want Eleven dead. If you let both Eleven and Max go, I'll suffer in their place. You can do whatever you want to me, but leave them alone." You offered, watching as he looked between you, El and Max.

"How do I know this isn't a trick?" He asked, justifyably.

"We both know that you're way more powerful than me. Even if I tried to trick you, you'd still beat me. I'm taking Eleven's place. Take me and leave them." You informed him.

"Deal." He spoke, letting both Max and El out of their restraints. Within seconds, you couldn't see either of them. You smiled, hoping they were safe.

You let him wrap his tenticles around your body, holding you against the door that El was held up againt.

"Good luck, Max and El." You spoke, watching as Vecna's body got close to yours, his longer hand reaching for your face. Without any warning, he jabbed his fingers into your head, dooming you to death.

ELEVEN
I sat up from the dough fridge, wiping the blood from my nose as Mike and Will helped me out of the fridge. I was worried. If I was here, then where were Max and Y/N?

MAX
Opening my eyes, I was breathing faster than normal. Feeling two arms wrapped around my body, I looked up to see Lucas, his tear stained eyes glued to mine as he smiled.

"You're okay. You're okay." He smiled, hugging me.

"Y/N." I panicked, seeing Y/N's body beside mine. Seeing her white eyes, my heart raced even faster.

"What's happening? Why are her eyes red?!" Lucas panicked unsure of what to do.

"Vecna." I started to cry. Lucas and I looked up in horror as Y/N started levitating, blood pouring from her nose and eyes.

"Y/N!" I screamed when her left leg snapped.

"Y/N!" Lucas screamed when her right leg snapped.

"Y/N!" Erica screamed when her left and right arms snapped.

"Y/N!" We all screamed in unison as Y/N's eyes were ripped from her skull, her body dropping to the attic floor.

"Just hang on!" I yelled, trying to wake her up.

"Y/N. Y/N! Y/N! No, no, no, Y/N. Stay with us. No. Stay with us! Don't go, Y/N. Y/N, stay with us. No. Stay with us, Y/N. Hang on. Just hang on!" I cried, Lucas trying as much as he could to help save her.

"Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y/N, stay with us. Y/N, stay with us. No! No! Y/N! Y/N! Please, stay with us. No! Y/N!" Lucas cried out more, my voice too sore from crying and yelling.

"Y/N!" I yelled with what was left of my voice, unable to believe that she really might have been gone.
———
(1 Month Later)
Time had passed since Y/N sacrificed herself. Today was her funeral. Her parents had put everything into her funeral. Nancy drove Mike, El and Will to the ceremony. Steve drove me, Lucas, Dustin and Robin to the ceremony. I had been silent since her death. Not only was my voice not yet back, but I couldn't even try to speak without tears spilling. It was my fault that she was dead.

At the funeral itself, we all sat together, El unable to show any emotions, as she had never experienced something like this. Of course, Y/N's parents said a few words about her, but some people were shocked that I had stood up, Lucas speaking on my behalf. I stood next to him as he read the small speech that I had spent over 2 weeks trying to write.

"Y/N and I were never close. We never became best friends. She was just the normal friend that I had. But weirdly, she risked and in turn lost her life because of me. I was on the brink of dying, but she saved me. She didn't want our friends to lose me, so she gave her life instead of mine." Lucas spoke the words that I had written, a lot of tears streaming down my face.