better place

Jimin had lain in bed longer than he normally did that morning. With classes all day and a private lesson tonight, he wanted an extra few minutes of relaxation. He probably wouldn't get a moment like this to himself until bedtime.

Taehyung was set to arrive soon to take Eunha to school, so he finally rose from beneath his downy comforter. Jimin then woke his sleeping beauty from her deep slumber; however, today, she was more like Maleficent than a sweet princess. Eunha was particularly grumpy.

"What's wrong, honey?" Jimin asked, brushing Eunha's bedhead out of her face.

"I had a dream you and Uncle Tae had another sleepover without me," she replied with a frown.

He laughed. "You're mad at me because of a dream?"

"Yes."

Jimin shook his head at the silly reason. Eunha crossed her arms and scowled.

"I promise you'll always be invited to our sleepovers," said Jimin.

She held out her tiny finger. "Pinky swear?"

"Pinky swear," he pledged, interlocking their fingers. "Are we good now?"

"We're good, daddy," Eunha smiled.

Jimin returned the smile. "Good. Let's get dressed for school, yeah?"

There weren't any hiccups for the remainder of the morning. All Eunha needed was some reassurance and Jimin was happy to give it to her. He also didn't mind letting her blast Kpop music to keep her in high spirits as she got ready. Jimin could use the pick-me-up too.

"Whoa," Taehyung hollered when he entered the house. "I thought this was Park Jimin's place, not a club. I must have the wrong address."

At the sound of his voice, Eunha came dashing into the room. "Uncle Tae!"

"Hey, Shorty!" Taehyung picked her up and spun her around. Eunha squealed in delight. He then took her into the bathroom to style her hair—a French braid, something she had been requesting often in the last couple of weeks. Eunha doesn't like the way her father does it, citing that Uncle Tae is a better braider.

Jimin placed breakfast on the table for the three of them while Taehyung was doing Eunha's hair. His daughter and best friend later joined him for the meal.

"If you have time before work today," Taehyung began, "you should come with me to drop Eunha off at school. Her new teacher starts today. You can meet him."

He raised an inquisitive brow. "New teacher?"

Taehyung swallowed a piece of his omelette before speaking. "Yeah, he just moved here. Her old teacher is a stay-at-home mom now."

Jimin wondered what it would be like to be a stay-at-home dad. If he was, then maybe he would've known that Eunha was getting a new teacher. He's so busy with work most days and it pains him that he can't be with his daughter more often. But he has to remind himself that he's doing this for her. He wants the best life for Eunha. Though at what cost?

"I can come."

***

"Hurry, Daddy!" Eunha shouted, tugging on his arm. "We're gonna be late!"

Jimin, Taehyung, and Eunha walked into her classroom hand-in-hand. There was a tall, broad-shouldered man standing towards the back, greeting parents and students. When it was their turn to be greeted, the man smiled warmly. "Hi! I'm Kim Seokjin, the new kindergarten teacher."

He shook Seokjin's hand. "I'm Park Jimin and this is my daughter Eunha."

Seokjin bent down to shake Eunha's hand as well. "Hi, Eunha. I look forward to having you in class."