Part 2

Chapter 1.2

Never mind that all the candidates were nobodies. One of them was even older than Lin Yuzhen by ten years, and had a history of mental illness!

This wasn't finding a good husband for Lin Yuzhen at all. This was destroying her!

Lin Wen's face was also all red. He was as angry as his wife, but he didn't dare to go against his father's wishes.

He knew Lin Xiao's temperament - he always made the final decision. There was nobody in the Lin family who could go against what he wanted to do.

"He's Yuzhen's grandfather, so he won't do anything bad to her."

After taking such a long time to think, Lin Wen embarrassedly squeezed these words out of his mouth.

Sumei was going to faint from anger soon. She pointed a finger at Lin Wen, crying as she shouted, "How did I marry a weakling like you!"

She knew that Lin Wen was a filial son and was always very obedient to Lin Xiao. After becoming handicapped, he became even weaker and dared not go against Lin Xiao at all.

But regardless of which man he chose for Lin Yuzhen as a husband to marry into the family, this matter would still ruin Lin Yuzhen!

Their family was going to become the laughingstock of Donghai!

Sumei sobbed miserably as she shouted at Lin Wen, Lin Yuzhen cried quietly, while Lin Wen could only grip his numb thigh, showing how much he blamed himself and how helpless he was in this situation.

"Mum, don't shout at Dad anymore."

Lin Yuzhen managed to squeeze a smile out, but there were tear stains on her beautiful face.

"Perhaps, Grandpa might find me a really nice man?"

Of course, she knew this was the ploy of her two uncles.

After graduating from university, she started working for the Lin Group and had stellar results in a short span of two years, overtaking their children easily.

They were worried that she might fight for control over the business, so they instigated her grandfather to find some man willing to marry into the family for her. This way, she would lose her eligibility to take over the business.

She knew this, her parents knew this too, but none of them were able to fight back.

In the Lin family, nobody could go against what Grandpa had decided. Nobody.

The chime of the clock rang and Lin Yuzhen got up.

"Let's go. If we keep Grandpa waiting he's going to scold us again."

Lin Wen felt bitterness and helplessness when he saw Lin Yuzhen trembling slightly. He dared not look at his wife's begrudging face.

He knew that it was hard for them to stay in the family, but at least they didn't have to worry about their living expenses. If they got chased out, what were they going to do?

In the main hall of the hotel, the place was brightly lit and all the guests had arrived.

Lin Xiao was seated right in front, dressed in an exquisitely made tangzhuang, holding onto a walking stick and his face was glowing.

"Congratulations, Mister Lin!"

"Congratulations, Mister Lin! You've gained an excellent grandson-in-law!"

All the guests were taking turns congratulating Lin Xiao.

"Dad, it's about time to make the announcement."

Lin Qiang was standing next to him, his large and burly figure looked imposing.

He looked over at Lin Yuzhen who was not seated too far away, and announced in a loud voice, "We have the results here, and we have chosen the most promising young man among the applicants."

The most promising young man?

Pfft, he knew in his heart that the wonderful son-in-law they had chosen was the worst among all the applicant. This one apparently had some hidden illnesses!

But as long as Lin Yuzhen married him, then she would have nothing to do with the family business.

Lin Xiao would definitely never allow anything that belonged to the Lin family to land in the hands of someone with a different surname.

"Everyone!"

Lin Xiao stood up. Everyone looked over the moment he spoke. "Today I would like to formally announce the man we have chosen for my granddaughter, Lin Yuzhen!"