Part 12

Chapter 6.2

Lin Yuzhen stared in shock at Jiang Ning

She was still unable to accept Jiang Ning as her husband.

She was even thinking about when she could make it clear to Jiang Ning that they couldn't be together.

It wasn't just Jiang Ning's background. He was older than her by ten whole years.

"Uncle..."

Lin Yuzhen hesitated.

"You get ready and prepare yourself to sign that contract anytime now."

When she heard Jiang Ning's words, Lin Yuzhen suddenly forgot what she meant to say.

"Uncle Qiang will look for me again?"

She was the only one who had followed the project with CEO Huang through, but all the details had already been agreed on and they were only left with the formality of signing the contract.

Anybody could go and get it signed, so it didn't have to be her, right?

Besides, Lin Qiang and his son had so many connections in Donghai. It was easy for them to find someone to connect them to CEO Huang.

"Yup, it has to be you."

Jiang Ning said this very simply.

......

Lin Qiang and his son reached home.

BAM! Lin Feng immediately smashed all the cups on the table.

"What the hell is this!"

He roared angrily, "Dad, why did you stop me? I'm going to kill that lunatic!"

He had been slapped twice in a row by Jiang Ning. If word of this got out, how was he going to hold his head high in Donghai?

Others would laugh at him for actually being hit by a lunatic.

"Don't provoke these mentally ill people. It's not considered a crime even if they commit murder."

Lin Qiang snorted.

He never thought that in choosing the most useless man to be Lin Yuzhen's husband, he had chosen a nutjob.

He didn't want to provoke such people unless he had to.

But then why was Jiang Ning's gaze so terrifying? Even though he had been in business for so many years, even he felt terror when he saw it.

But Jiang Ning was nuts, so it was probably normal for him to feel fearful of Jiang Ning.

"Dad, so how now? That slut, Lin Yuzhen, still wants us to beg her? She can dream on!"

He didn't believe they couldn't get this project signed without Lin Yuzhen.

Lin Qiang narrowed his eyes, then made a few phone calls.

"I'll have to trouble you then, treat you to dinner someday!"

He found someone who knew CEO Huang to help bridge this connection.

All the details of the project were more or less settled, and signing the contract was merely a formality. He didn't believe that CEO Huang was willing to sacrifice so much benefit for a lowly woman!

"Relax, CEO Li works with CEO Huang often, so it shouldn't be a problem with his help."

There was a price to pay for using this connection, but it was better than having to beg Lin Yuzhen.

Lin Feng was relieved after hearing this.

"Dad, once this project is good to go, I want to throw Lin Yuzhen and family out of Donghai!"

A wicked idea flashed in Lin Feng's eyes. "If she weren't considered as a sister to me, I even wanted to..."

"Lin Feng, don't go too far. If your grandfather finds out, you're dead meat."

Lin Feng instantly calmed down.

He had only thought about it. Lin Yuzhen was pretty, but there wasn't any woman he couldn't have.

Riiiiing...

The both of them were talking when Lin Qiang's phone started ringing.

He picked up the phone and saw it was CEO Li. Looks like this matter was settled already.

"CEO Li, how was it? This matter is a piece of cake to you..."

"Lin Qiang, how are you still so relaxed! You've offended CEO Huang and you sent me to take the brunt of his anger? Now my project with him has fallen through! Damn you!"

"Bloody hell, you set a trap for me on purpose, I'll remember this for life!"

After CEO Li finished his tirade, he hung up immediately.

Lin Qiang froze over.

What did that mean?

Even CEO Li putting in good words for him didn't work?

He even ruin CEO Li's project?

What did CEO Huang mean by all of this!

"Dad, do we...do we really have to beg Lin Yuzhen?" Lin Feng swallowed hard.