Part 13: Apologies

Chapter 7

Even CEO Li putting in a good word for him didn't work?

Weren't CEO Li and CEO Huang close friends from school?

Lin Feng was still arrogant earlier, but now he couldn't even crack a smile.

If he insisted on signing with nobody else but Lin Yuzhen, then they had to go and beg her.

Lin Qiang's face turned nasty.

He had never thought that this matter would become so difficult.

What did this Lin Yuzhen do to make CEO Huang so protective of her?

"This little slut!"

Lin Qiang laughed coldly. "Looks like she's pretty good in bed huh. She usually acts all pure and innocent, it's all an act!"

If she hadn't serviced CEO Huang well, why would he protect her like this?

Bullshit!

If you wanted him to beg Lin Yuzhen now, honestly this was impossible.

He would rather beg a dog than beg any useless member of Lin Wen's family.

Riiiing...

Lin Feng's phone started ringing.

His face fell, even more, when he saw who was calling.

"It's Grandpa."

Lin Feng was about to cry.

He was most afraid of getting a call from Lin Xiao now.

But now he was in charge of this project, so if anything went wrong, he would be the first to be blamed.

"Pick it up!" Lin Qiang ordered.

Lin Feng had no choice but to take the call.

The consequences of not picking up Grandpa's call were worse.

"Grandpa," Lin Feng greeted his grandfather.

"Feng, how's the project with CEO Huang?" Lin Xiao did not beat around the bush.

He was most concerned about this project. This project was important and the Lins had invested a lot into it.

"Good, everything is going smoothly."

Lin Feng glanced over at Lin Qiang and saw his father hinting at him. He quickly lied, "Once CEO Huang has time, we can get the contract signed."

"That's good."

Lin Xiao then said, "You'd better watch this one closely, we cannot lose this project. If anything goes wrong, you're going to get it from me!"

He hung up.

Lin Feng's palm was all sweaty.

He knew all too clearly what sort of temperament his grandfather had.

If something happened, it wouldn't be settled as easily as just resigning or getting a beating.

"Dad, what do we do?"

Lin Feng was going to cry.

Lin Yuzhen was so despicable, giving him this difficult task and getting him into such hot water!

Lin Qiang looked even worse.

Did the two of them have to go back to Lin Wen and beg for mercy?

Earlier they were still arrogant and didn't couldn't care less about Lin Yuzhen and her family. If they went to beg her now, wouldn't it be as good as being slapped twice in the face?

Lin Qiang couldn't stand the idea of humbling himself for this family!

"Lin Feng, you go."

After thinking about it, Lin Qiang said, "You go plead with Lin Yuzhen, even if you have to beg her it's ok, even if you have to kneel you'd better kneel, as long as Lin Yuzhen gets this contract signed!"

"Dad..."

"What, you expect me to do that?"

Lin Qiang roared at his son, his eyes bloodshot.

Lin Feng wanted to save his pride, but Lin Qiang was even more desperate than his son!

If word got out that an elder like him had to beg a younger family member, he would be utterly disgraced.

Lin Feng dared not speak up after his father had spoken so fiercely.

He was the one who started this mess. If he ended up hurting his father's pride as a result of this, then he was dead meat.

Lin Feng could only clench his teeth and dejectedly made his way towards Lin Yuzhen's house.

At this time, Lin Yuzhen and her family had started eating.

The table wasn't very large, each person took one side of the table and ate in silence.

This was the first time Lin Yuzhen's family had one more person at the table for a meal.

And this was their new son-in-law who had married into the family.

Lin Wen never talked while eating, while Sumei didn't know what to say.

She didn't like Jiang Ning, and worse still, he didn't fancy her daughter, but she ended up marrying this completely useless man.

But earlier Jiang Ning had come out and spoke up for her. She wasn't blind and couldn't pretend she didn't see any of that.

Lin Yuzhen didn't know what to say either.

On the contrary, Jiang Ning behaved like he was in his own house, and didn't bother with any sort of formality at all.