Chapter 2

It was Ivan's car, a GAZ-Volga from the '70s

It was Ivan's car, a GAZ-Volga from the '70s. Ivan enters the car, from the car drawer, he takes out a Tokarev pistol with 3 magazines, and an identity card that states "Vladimir Federov", supposedly one of his pseudonyms.

He also pulls out a tourist map of Moscow and a pen, and begins circling at some places. One of them being the Lubyanka Building, where it is currently the FSB headquarters.

"Lubyanka... why are you going back there for?" asked a familiar voice.

Ivan turn to look who was asking, turns out it was Andrei, his old buddy.

"Moscow gangsters are connected with these guys, and they killed an innocent civilian." replied Ivan.

Andrei gave orders to the men in his parked truck to go up and clean the mess in Lyudmila's home, before continuing the conversation with Ivan.

"Listen, back in the old days... we kill people too, civilians..." said Andrei. "Anyway, why are you back again?"

Ivan looks at him for a moment, pausing a moment before he says. "Those people were killed were done by the State, we did it for the protection of our country. Now, our country is killing people with no reason."

"Those days are already over, Ivan. You know it." said Andrei. "You just want revenge, for what this government did to you."

"Two birds with one stone, Andrei... they shouldn't have framed me in the first place." replied Ivan.

"So what now? Are you gonna blow up the parliament huh? Are you gonna assassinate the useless president?" Andrei smirks. 

Ivan chose to not say anything, and Andrei got the memo.

"Oh shit... You're gonna get yourself killed." cautioned Andrei, just as his men came out with wrapped bodies of the gangsters killed and toss them to the truck. 

"Will you help me if the president is killed... like them?" asked Ivan.

Andrei sighed for a solid moment, realising that he is putting himself in some ugly business. He turns around contemplating why did he even help Ivan in the first place, before turning back and giving him an answer.

"They have to call me... surely." said Andrei. "Except that it's the FSB and they will want me to track you and hunt you down."

Ivan closes his car door, "Well... that's even better. You can then tell me what you're up to."

"Fuck!" shouted Andrei. "Alright fine! So what? Are you gonna drive to Moscow now?"

"Not yet, I need to pay a visit to someone first."

Ivan starts his car and makes a move first, leaving Andrei and his crew to clear up the bodies and wrap up the scene. Just as Andrei was about to make a move, his phone rings and he picks up.

"Hello, who is this?" asked Andrei.

A rough, menacing voice replied. "You know who I am... Andrei?"

Andrei was not frightened at all, in fact he probably recognises the caller. He gave a cold reply.