Chapter 6

30 Denezhnyy Lane, Moscow

It was one of Ivan's apartment that he once used as a hideout. Despite its time, it was relatively well-furbished and neat. Ivan watches the news as he prepares his day.

"Yesterday, a well-known former commander from the USSR's GRU has been allegedly assassinated by his junior. Commander Yevgeny Volkov, born in 1925, has been serving the former USSR's intelligence bureau since the Great Patriotic War, was found dead in his apartment.

Witnesses say that a man walked out from the apartment and camera footage has revealed what is believed to be his junior, Ivan Petrov, to be the alleged murderer. Police are now conducting investigations as to his whereabouts..."

The news proceeds to show the camera footage at Volkov's apartment and it clearly showed Ivan himself walking out. Ivan knew he was framed by the FSB most likely, perhaps Grigory himself has used his connections to frame Ivan.

Indeed, the news confirmed it.

"It was also revealed that Mr Petrov was behind the killings of a Bratva leader's son, Aleksandr Fomayev, along with several other people in Yekaterinburg just 2 days ago. The FSB are now on high alert for Ivan Petrov. Should any witness wish to contact...."

Ivan now has to hasten his move, first off, he pays a visit to a location in central Moscow...

***

Fomayev Office, Moscow

Grigory watches the same news with Dmitry. He now drinks a glass of brandy.

"That will delay him, but it won't last long." remarked Grigory.

Dmitry pulled some strings in the agency to frame Ivan. In reality, he paid a visit to Volkov after Ivan's visit. He was following Ivan's vehicle ever since Ivan entered Moscow.

At Volkov's apartment on that day, after Ivan drives away in his Volga. A BMW 5 series with an FSB number plate was parked on the opposite side of the street, unknown to Ivan, it was Dmitry in it.

Dmitry enters the apartment and observes the camera, before entering in the apartment. He knocks the door, but the door was open.

He enters in to see Volkov standing by the window, he looked solemn.

"I have been expecting you," said Volkov. "You were parked outside since Petrov was having a conversation with me."

"I don't want to hurt you, old man," said Dmitry as he put on winter gloves. "Just tell me what Ivan Petrov is here in Moscow for."

Volkov turns around to see Dmitry, recognising that he's FSB immediately. He smirks.

"And this is what they taught you..." he walks and take a seat at the dining table once again. "On how to respect your seniors..."

"Colonel Volkov, I just want to know why Ivan is in Moscow." ordered Dmitry.

"It's Brigadier-General, to be exact," correct Volkov. "And Ivan, he's simply here for a holiday... can't he pay a visit to his seniors at least?"

"Bullshit," Dmitry pulls out a gun on Volkov, and takes a seat. "You and I know that he's clearly here for something else."

Volkov sips his tea. "Like I've said, he's only here for a holiday. He has been working as a cobbler ever since the Soviet Union fell... give this poor man a break."

"Sir, I will have no choice but to shoot you if you keep going on like this?" Dmitry insisted.

Volkov looks at Dmitry holding him at gunpoint, and laughs.