Chapter 3

After the shot was fired, it was soon revealed that Aleksandr took the bullet on the head. 

In fact, Aleksandr missed his shot and did not come close to hitting Ivan himself. Aleksandr was instantly dead.

Ivan looks around and see scared customers peeking from a door. Knowing that they must have overhead the threat he gave, he simply walks out of the disco club and enters into his vehicle.

As he drives off, he passes by three police cars, and suspects that they must be working for the Fomayev family protection.

The Fomayev family is a Bratva gang operating in Moscow, with local leaders, often its relatives, operating in different cities in Russia. As different mafia families operate in some of the same cities, they would frequently clash each other and violence from these gang wars result in lots of deaths. And Yekaterinburg was unfortunately one of them.

Soon, his walkie-talkie, set to capture police radio frequency, reported a gang shootout at Aleksandr's club with multiple dead and police officers stating a lone assailant who killed Aleksandr. 

"Which gang do you think it is?" asked one of the police officers, supposedly far from the crime scene.

"I have no idea at all, but this was professionally done. Too good for the Kinayevs." said the officer at the scene.

"They hired a hitman, perhaps?" said the far-away officer.

"Whatever it is, we are now free from the Fomayevs and their fucking war." replied the on-scene officer. "The Kinayevs are easier to deal with, and they offer more money, I heard."

Knowing that Ivan is not suspected by the police, he stops listening to police radio and proceeds to strike out two things from his list:

-KILL ALEKSANDR TO SEND MESSAGE

-BOMB MILITSIYA* STATION (BACKUP PLAN)

*Militsiya was the official name of the Russian police force

He had the intention to start an all-out war with Yekaterinburg police, and he certainly could considering the lethality of him. Thankfully, the police does not seem to know it was just him pulling the strings. Corruption has saved his life, somehow.

He continues driving, before leaving the city limits and onto the highway heading towards Moscow, he has a long ride ahead of him.

***

Moscow, Russia

It was night and raining, Grigory Fomayev was sitting on his desk. He looked anxious, seemingly anticipating bad news from someone.

One of his workers come in, he was wearing a jacket and looked out of place for an office setting. He stood right in front of Grigory, the head of the Fomayev Bratva, and the father of Aleksandr.

"What is it, Dmitry?" asked Grigory nervously.

Dmitry, the alleged assassinator, coldly reported. "Your son, is dead. Killed by a man named Petrov."

Grigory got agitated and slams on the table three times while chanting. "Fuck... Fuck... FUCK!"

Grigory took some time to get back on his feet, and expects more form Dmitry.

"This isn't the work of the Kinayev. They have sent a representative explaining this." continued Dmitry. "However, since we have lost total control of Yekaterinburg, I suggest we pull out of the city."

"I don't give a fuck about the Kinayev cunts. Tell our partners in Yekaterinburg to do whatever it takes to remain in control... bomb up the Militsiya, kill Kinayev fucks... I don't care!" shouted Grigory.