Chapter 10

6PM, Lubyanka Building, Moscow

It was starting to get darker as the sun sets, and now the only source of light in the building was limited to fires from the explosion.

More of the structures began to lose its support and sends the building shaking, this disorientates everyone for a moment.

The alpha agent soon stumbles upon Vasily's corpse, and the leg, to which revealed to be Boris's corpse. 

The agent heard grunting noises next to him, and he quickly turns around and open fire.

*bang*

*bang*

The Spetsnaz agents heard it on level 6, and quickly made their way up, while reporting hearing gunshots from upstairs.

The alpha agent turns out to have killed Igor in a friendly fire. He realises he messed up before taking a shot in the head by Ivan.

*bang*

"Alpha-1, come in," ordered the Spetsnaz as they were reaching to level 7.

The Spetsnaz team arrived the level and spotted the bodies nearby, they also realised that the office furniture were haphazardly placed before one of them realised.

"Sir, grenade!" shouted an operative.

"What?" said one as he trips over a wire.

*boom*

The entire level detonates and kills the entire squad, it was a trap set by Ivan before he advances his way up.

"Fuck!" shouted the command, who revealed to be the injured Sokolov calling the shots. He was accompanied by two tactical soldiers in Spetsnaz gear. 

He looks at the men and orders them to call for the chopper, and he leaves along with the soldiers.

Ivan deduces that Sokolov won't be a dumb person to leave via the main entrance, only rich fools like him would rather escape Moscow via flight. And so, he takes the stairs up to the roof level.

Ivan was slowly catching up, but he needed to take a detour at the 10th floor as the stairwell does not reach to the roof. He enters to see the sight of Spetsnaz officers clearing the scene by destroying evidence.

"There he is!" shouted one of them, and they pull out their weapons.

Ivan was soon embroiled in a firefight between the corrupt Spetsnaz squad and him. He readies his PP-2k and tactically engages the firefight with them.

*bang*

*bang*

He slides and he shots two guys in the head, even their rifles were no match.

*bang*

*bang*

And he takes out another two, just like that.

He realises that more men were coming towards him, and they were firing rounds from their rifles. Ivan quickly takes cover and reload his submachine gun, before switching auto-fire mode.

He starts by blind firing, which hits one of the soldiers. He stands up and spray a load of rounds onto everyone else with good aim. Upon clearing the initial wave, he slowly advances, where soldiers individually stepped out of their rooms and 

*bang*

Only to drop dead onto the ground.

This continues until Ivan manages to reach the stairwell that would bring him to the roof. He notices one of Sokolov's soldiers closing and locking the door on him, he sprays a couple of rounds onto the door, killing the soldier in process.