Chapter 15: Feelings

"Ed..." I said in warning, placing a hand to his chest.

Heat from the hard muscle beneath my palm burned through the light fabric of his shirt, doing little to help my efforts to resist him.

"Relax," he murmured. "I just said bye to Hattie. No need to worry about anyone's feelings getting hurt."

Feelings. Little did he know that it wasn't Hattie's feelings on the line.

As his lips traced the slope of my neck, I melted into him, my hips sinking into his, my arms extending over his broad shoulders until they reached the cool wall behind his head.

"Although I did enjoy seeing the jealousy on your face when she touched me..."

"I wasn't jealous," I said.

His mouth curved against my ear. "No need to lie. I got a little jealous, too, when I heard how much you loved blowing your ex in public places."

The tips of his fingers bit into my waist, drawing me further into him until every hard plane of his body pressed into the softer curves of mine.

"It wasn't so much the public aspect," I replied, mainly to goad him, because admittedly the public aspect had been pretty exciting at the time, but given that Ed and I could never do that together, and I had no wish to even risk it, the appeal had somewhat dulled.

"Hm," he hummed against my throat, and the vibrations shot straight to my core. "Just enjoyed him, then?"

My fingers toyed with the tufts of hair at the base of his head as I leaned back to smile up at him.

"You should be grateful," I said. "If I hadn't enjoyed it back then, you wouldn't be benefitting from it right now."

When he flexed his hips, his hard-on rubbed directly over my clit. I pressed my eyes shut and hissed as a wave of lust rolled through me.

"I don't think I am benefitting from it right now," he said.

"True." I rested my entire body weight against him, pinning him to the wall. "Last time you came far too quickly to benefit from what I can actually do to you."

He chuckled darkly, his palms skating up my sides, the heels of his hands grazing my breasts. My nipples tightened and the hard peaks scraped against the soft fabric of his shirt, the thin lace of my bodysuit hiding nothing.

"That was a one-off. I was far too excited about getting my dick inside that smart mouth of yours for the first time in months."

"Mm, it showed."

The heat of his breath warmed my ear as he whispered his next words. "I'll make up for it next time. I'll fuck your mouth for so long that you'll be begging me to come."

My pulse rushed and throbbed erratically between my legs. To relieve some of the pressure, I rocked against his erection again, and he groaned, the sound deep and tortured in his throat.

"Fortunately I have a great memory." He pressed a slow kiss just below my ear. "So I can remember exactly how good you are at swallowing my dick." His lips skimmed along my jaw, then up to the edge of my mouth. "And every last drop I empty down your throat..."

Fuck. We shouldn't be having this conversation in a public place, even in this private, dark corner. Every fibre of my body craved him. Little sparks of electricity flickered over my skin and pooled at the apex of my thighs until the heavy, empty ache reached the point of pain.

"We really shouldn't," I whispered when his lips brushed teasingly over my own.

"No?" He smiled against my mouth, and it was equal parts endearing and enticing—ultimately coaxing my heart to betray my head.