five.

[Flashback]

"Do you have an eight?"

"Go fish. Do you have a three?"

"For fuck's sake." Michael murmured underneath his breath, giving him the card.

"Hehe." Ashton smiled wildly, exposing his trick of threes. "You suck at this game."

"No, I just feel bad for you because you're in a hospital bed."

"Sure, sure." The black haired one answered sarcastically.

The both of them started laughing, until they heard a knock in the door. "Come in."

"Mister Irwin?" The nurse popped her head in. "You have another visitor."

"Oh?" He frowned, looking at Michael. "Calum said he couldn't make it until tonight, right?"

"It is not mister Hood." The carer interrupted. "It's a woman, I think her name is... Sierra Deaton?"

The two men stared at each other with wide eyes.

What? Her?

What the fuck is she doing here?

"Should I send her in?" She asked after getting no answer for awhile.

Michael looked at his friend, curious on what he was going to say.

"Uh-" Ashton paused, then sighed. "Yeah, send her in."

"Are you okay?" The gamer asked once the nurse was out of the room.

"I guess... I mean, it's weird that she's here, though. Right?"

"Super weird."

Her footsteps started echoing in the room, until she stopped right in front of the door frame.

Michael and Ashton stared at her silently, which clearly made her uncomfortable.

"H-hey." She stuttered, taking a better grip on the flower bouquet between her hands.

"Hello, come in."

She nodded, awkwardly stepping inside. Clifford quickly rearranged all his stuff, jumping out of his chair.

"Well, that is my cue." He said, looking at Ashton. "See you tonight?"

"Sure."

"Alright."

With that, Michael left, without even looking at Sierra once. She took a deep breath, battling the tears that were about to fall down her face.

"You can sit, if you want." Ashton suggested, making her shake her head.

"Oh uh- yes, thank you." She answered, doing so. "Um- these are tulips, I heard they are your favorites."

He stared at her for awhile, before taking the bouquet out of her hands. "They are, thank you."

She crossed her legs together, as her fingers anxiously intertwined.

"So..." She started. "How are you feeling-"

"What are you doing here?" He cut her off, not wanting to make small talks at all. "We are not going to act we were best buddies now, are we?"

She cleared her throat. "No, definitely not."

"So? What are you doing here?" He asked again.

She placed a strand of hair behind her ear, closing her eyes so she could find the courage to finally speak. "I feel bad for what happened, Ashton." She opened her eyes again. "I have to take accountability, and I cannot help but feel like everything is my fault. I am truly sorry, and I am more than happy that you are alive and well."