sixteen.

-Ashton-

"I don't get why you're so mad! It is not that big of a deal!" Luke yelled, as we got out of the car.

"Really?!" I answered, slamming the door shut behind me. "Why didn't you say anything about it, then?!"

"Because I didn't know it would matter that much." He followed me inside my home. "I punched him, so what?! He deserved it!"

"Do you even hear yourself?!" I took a deep breath, trying to stay calm as I faced him. "You are the one that left me behind, I had every right to move on-"

"Here we go again." He cut me off instantly. "You have to bring that up in every fucking argument, don't you?!"

"I'm sorry, but it's the truth! You had no business sticking your nose in my business!"

"Ash-"

"Why are you so mad that I went on one date, when you were already in a full-blown relationship and still wanted to date me?"

"It wasn't a real relationship."

"You were fucking her!" I paused. "Which is fucking weird to say right now because she's my sister."

"It happened one time-"

"No, no. I don't care." I stopped him. "I don't care, Luke, and you know why? Because you're selfish."

"Selfish?!"

"Yes! Selfish!"

"How did my relationship with Sierra even get into this conversation?! At this point you are just finding excuses to be mad at me."

"Excuses?!" I grabbed my hair and let out a big sigh. "You're unbelievable, and you don't even seem remorseful for what you did to Niall."

"You're damn right, because I ain't!" He yelled as I walked past him. "You're mine, and anyone who dares to even breathe the same air as you will face the same fate."

"Oh, please!" I said sarcastically.

"I'm dead serious!" He trailed after me, all the way up to my room. "And I'd do it over again if I have to."

I rolled my eyes, paying him no mind as I opened up my wardrobe.

"And you know what?" He gave me a once-over. "I find it hilarious that you're mad about me hiding one thing, while you hide thousands of things from me."

"What-"

"I don't know jack shit about your family, not your childhood. I guess it's lucky I knew Sierra beforehand, or I wouldn't have known you had a sister."

"That's bullshit." I whispered.

"Oh, really?" He ironically asked. "I still don't even know what went down between you and your mom when you saw her last week! I'm trying to be patient and respectful, but it's tough when you never turn to me for help or share things with me!"

This is the point where I started losing it even more, just because I knew he was totally right.

"Why, Ash?" He asked, his tone filled with sadness. "Why can't you just open up to me?"

"Because you're a fucking idiot, no wonder how it was so easy for Sierra to manipulate you!" I shouted the words that I instantly regretted.

He stared at me, expressionless.

He inhaled deeply.

And again.

And once more...

Meanwhile, I stood frozen, unable to utter a single word.