fourteen.

-Ashton-

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Luke asked, as our fingers intertwined with one another.

I took a nervous breath when I looked up at the old building across the street, holding onto his hand a little tighter.

"I have to do this on my own." I tried to sound confident, glancing back at him with a weak smile on my lips.

"How long has it been since you last visited?" He asked impulsively, shaking his head right after. "I mean, you don't have to answ-"

"I have never visited... and in all honestly I never thought I would willingly come here." I admitted. "I don't want to see her, but I have to."

He quickly looked away, clearly not wanting me to see the shock on his face.

"It's fine, I understand how it looks." I immediately reassured him. "However, believe me when I say she is a horrible woman. She's in prison for a reason, and her hiding my sister away from me is not the worst thing she has done."

"I didn't mean to judge you, I'm sorry." He explained. "I am sure you have your reasons, and just know that if you ever feel like talking about it, I will be here."

He slowly kissed the back of my hand, making me genuinely smile. "This means more than you know, Luke. Thank you." We smiled at each other, before slowly gazing back at the faculty.

"So..." He gently fondled my index with his thumb. "Are you ready?"

I gave my attention back to him, carefully biting my lower lip as he was already staring at me with his piercing blue eyes.

With no hesitation, I leaned a little closer. I placed my hand on the side of his neck as he gave me a steady up and down look, which made my heart almost fall out of my chest.

Our lips locked once his fingers started running through my hair. I closed my eyes, enjoying the taste of his tongue on mine while his coconut scent sent chills down my whole body.

"Now I'm ready." I finally said once I pulled away from him.

He smirked at my answer while I licked the corner of my month.

"Good luck." He replied, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you." I opened the car door, placing one of my legs outside before looking back at him. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I heard him say as I was already out of the engine.

I brushed my hair away from my face, exhaling nervously. I took a few steps closer to the building, feeling my anxiety rising as I went inside.

"Good morning." I said to the officer sitting at the desk, clearing my throat.

"Good morning. How may I help you?" He asked.

"Uh- I'm here to um- visit a convict. Anne-Marie Irwin." I scratched the back of my neck.

"Okay, just a moment."

I watched his face drop after typing something on his computer, which made me raise an eyebrow.

"Is something wrong?" I questioned when the silence started to slowly play with my patience.

He shook his head, immediately looking back at me. "Um-" He stuttered before taking a deep breath. "Can I see some ID?"

"Sure." I answered, handing him my drivers license. "I'm her son, Ashton Irwin."

His face became a little paler after these words came out of my mouth, as he cursed "shit" underneath his breath.

"Okay, okay." He sounded a little panicked. "Just give me a moment."