seven.

-Luke-

I pinched my forehead once me and Sierra stepped out of the shop, trying to control my emotions as much as I could.

We stayed quiet for awhile, until she finally said; "I'm sorry, Luke."

I took a deep breath, turning around to look at her. "It's okay, you don't have to pretend that you give a fuck."

"I-"

"Will you just give him this, please?" I cut her off while taking a piece of paper out of my pocket. "There is my phone number and my address inside. Tell him that if he changes his mind and wants to talk, I will be home waiting for him."

She sighed, holding onto the note. "Sure."

"Thank you."

We stared at one another, before I decided to cut the awkwardness short by walking away.

"Luke." She called out a few seconds later.

I stopped in my tracks, tilting my head to the side so I could see her from the corner of my eye.

"I do give a fuck." She confessed. "I will talk to him."

I dry laughed. "Why? Because you feel bad about the way you treated me?"

"No." She shook her head. "You deserve everything that happened to you for what you did to Ashton." She paused. "But you love him, and so does he. I am doing it for him, not for you."

"And how come, huh?" I asked, now face to face with her. "How come he suddenly is that important to you?"

Her body tensed up at the question.

"What?" I added after not getting an answer. "Is it because of your boyfriend Cal-"

"You are delusional, Luke." She cut me off. "I need to get back to work, bye now."

"Whatever you say." I murmured, watching her going back inside.

I needed to go home, but I had to make one stop first.

I walked back to my car once she went out of sight, jumping into it so I could drive off.

I still know how to get to his house, it's almost like I never left...

I parked right in front of the building, legs feeling like jelly as soon as I made it to the door.

You can do it, Luke.

He is not going to reject you...

You guys were best friends, after all.

Knock Knock.

The sound of his footsteps echoed in my ear, making my heart pound harder and harder in my chest.

Getting oxygen back into my lungs suddenly became a difficult task, especially after watching the doorknob slowly twisting.

And just like that, my eyes met his.

His body quickly became motionless at my sight, as he stared into my soul with a poker face.

As you probably can tell, I am not Ashton.

I can't read the guy.

Does he hate me? Does he not?

"Luke." He said after a few seconds, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Um- hey." I took a deep breath, clearing my throat. "I mean... hello, Mike." I rectified, sounding more confident this time.

He pressed his lips together as I buried my hands in the pockets of my hoodie.

The silence.

It's fucking killing me.