thirteen.

-Luke-

It was around ten in the morning when I slowly started opening my eyes. I smiled at the smell of his vanilla scented hair, wishing I could wake up to his aroma everyday.

I yawned as I looked at him, still sleeping with his head on my chest. I giggled at the tiny snores he was making, kissing his forehead before gently trying to get up without waking him.

I really wanted to stay, but as you can probably imagine, I have a ton of things to take care of.

I placed a pillow next to him that he hugged instantly, obviously still dozed off. I watched him for a few more seconds, smiling at the view before finally deciding to leave the room.

I pressed the call button to a familiar number while jumping into my car, eagerly waiting for them to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Luke. Did I wake you?"

"Mmh." She mumbled, followed by a yawn.

"Sorry. How did it go with Michael yesterday?"

"It was fine, I'm still at his house." Sierra explained. "I slept on the couch, I was scared to leave him alone. What about Ashton? How is he?"

"A little shaken, but he is alright."

"Good." She sighed, clearly out of relief. "Look, Luke, I-"

"I know." I cut her off. "We have a lot to talk about and we will, but for now I need to find Calum."

"He is most probably at my place. He has a spare key. I can't think of anywhere else he would have gone."

"Smart, I will go check."

"He probably won't open the door for you."

"Well, he may have a spare but I still have the original." I answered, looking at my set of keys. "I'm going to drag him back to the house, make sure Michael is awake in about an hour."

"Will do, see you later."

"See you." I said before hanging up.

I placed my phone on the passenger seat before turning on the engine, quickly driving to Sierra's -and what used to be my- place.

It didn't take long for me to get there, parking somewhere in the driveway.

Okay, I can see Calum's car, good.

With that thought, I made my way to the front door, using my key to get into the house.

Damn, nothing changed at all...

I shook my head, trying not to remember most of the things that happened in here.

"Calum?" I raised my voice, slowly making my way up the stairs. "Where are you?" I continued, stepping in front of the guest room. "Calum?" I asked again, gently knocking.

No answer.

"Alright, I'm coming in." I warned, opening the door shortly after.

I frowned at the empty room with an already made bed.

Where the fuck is he?

I looked around while slowly making my way to the small balcony.

I took a deep, relieved breath when I saw him standing there, his back facing my direction.

"Calum." I said, making him jump slightly before turning around.

"Oh." He replied, uninterested. "It's you."