Reborn

A man who thought he was dead, opened his eyes strangely without wanting any explanation, saw himself when he took the blanket from his body

"Ummm, Victor, go back to sleep! It's cold" A cry and the warm and soft touch on his skin make him look to the side trying to understand what was going on.

His eyes widened when he saw a room he didn't know and didn't look like a hospital room. He looked to the side and saw a girl sleeping peacefully beside him.

He recognized her as and couldn't explain why the hell she was beside him. She was in the wrong place and the wrong country. The man sighed and walked away from the girl calmly.

He couldn't believe what was happening, his last memory was of being hit by a car and passing out during a trawler.

He wasn't blaming the driver who hit him, because probably the driver had his family in the car and accelerated in fear of his family getting hurt in the trawler.

But for some strange reason, instead of being in the hospital, he was lying next to the fictional character of a series he was watching, she was Bonnie Bennett in a room that wasn't his.

"Alright, this is very strange" Victor bowed his head looking for something, and with a very anxious face and looked back at the girl trying to test the theory "Hey, Bonnie, wake up!"

"Umm, Victor, there's no school yet, we're on vacation, go back to sleep" The girl Bonnie Bennett opened one of her eyes and whimpered more walking around making Victor look at him strangely

"Umm, I'm going out for a bit" Victor turned his back not knowing how to respond, and ran to the door opening it and leaving the room.

"Aah, yes, bring me some water?" Bonnie's voice touched his ear.

He reached the hallway and leaned his back against the door, taking a deep breath and trying to calm down. "Alright, I'm not dead, and Bonnie Bennett is beside me sleeping, she also knows who I am, calm down Victor... there may be a plausible explanation for this"

"Victor... Up so early? Did something happen?" Victor was startled to hear someone calling him and looked scared to the side to see Sheila Bennett looking at him with curiosity "You know, it would be nice if you and Bonnie came out at once"

The old woman joked and crossed her arms giving a nod to the room and looked at Victor "Bonnie already woke up? Yesterday must have been tiring for you, the noise didn't let me sleep... and I advise you to wear something"

"Umm?" Victor looked down and saw that he was completely naked "Gyaa"

He let out a little cry of shame and covered his parts with his hand as he looked at Sheila with an apologetic and embarrassed look.

"Don't worry, I bathed you when you were a little boy, there's nothing there that I haven't seen" Sheila scoffed looking directly into Victor's face and enjoying his embarrassment"Your grandma called me... she's worried ...since you didn't tell her what time you were coming home"

"My grandma?" Victor gasped with trembling lips "Miss Victoria is mad"

"Of course, she is and is worried" Sheila replied strangely and shook her head disappointed and angry "Boy I don't know what you're taking but you better not be giving it to Bonnie"

"I'm not taking anything... not with my mother's history" Victor joked and squeezed his arm before pointing back to the room "I'm going to get my clothes and go..."

"Okay, just take care" Sheila replied with a sad tone and rolled her eyes looking hurt "You can come to me if you need anything..."

"Thank you" Victor opened the door leaving Sheila outside and grabbed the clothes that were on the floor. He quickly put them on and hurriedly opened the door again.

"I'm going" Victor came face to face with Sheila once more and ran to the kitchen and left the house as fast as he could trying not to leave any kind of strangeness

Sheila looked at Victor's back and put her hand on her face while biting her lip angrily, "I shouldn't have said that much"

She knew about Victor's mother's history, addicted to cocaine, and liquor, and with a long criminal record of prostitution and shoplifting. Sheila knew this since she was old friends with Victor's grandmother.

Because they were born in a time not very favorable for black people and in a small town that has had the same governments for centuries, they stuck together to avoid violence against them. Even more, Sheila was a witch and to this day she does not doubt that she and Bonnie would be burned if discovered.

Sheila and Victoria have remained friends for all these years and have always been meeting, sharing their stories, and unwinding. They went through ups and downs in their friendship, the worst of which was when Victoria married a white guy. But, over time, Josiah proved to be a very good and honest man with whom Sheila got along well, even though she knew that the two would suffer a lot of prejudice.

So it was only natural that she knew about Victor's mother's background and to make matters worse, making such suggestions to him was a mistake she shouldn't have made.

"I'll apologize to him later" Sheila sighed and opened Bonnie's room entering her granddaughter's room"Bonnie get up, come help me clean the house"

She pulled the covers off Bonnie as she groaned and curled up on the bed with her hands covering her face to avoid the light in her eyes.

"Ummm, Victor... I said it was cold, come to sleep" Bonnie whimpered and opened her eyes to see her grandmother looking at her with a tired face "Grandma, where's Victor?"

Bonnie looked around and couldn't find Victor. She then huffed and hit the bed again "He ran away again!"

"He went until late" Sheila laughed looking at her granddaughter and crossing her arms "That wouldn't happen if you took the relationship for good"

"No-... I mean... we're young... well... we're friends, and we don't want to change that?" Bonnie replied confusedly

"Okay... just don't complain when he gets a girlfriend," Sheila said and left the room.