Noxus

Caitlyn's POV

Jayce met us there dawning an improved hammer. We also brought another dozen enforcers with us to help guard the fortress and some heavy artillery. They set up. I got to work.

Vi and Jayce started questioning everyone in proximity to the ancient city and what things have been happening in recent months. They set up a fairly secure perimeter and canvased most of town in a just few days together. It felt good seeing them work together. Each night Jayce went to be with Mel and Vi and I held each other a little closer.

Noxus was a hardened place. Everyone seemed to be built to fight. Indeed they had won many wars and expanded their empire over the decades. Vi enjoyed this tremendously. She spared in the local training grounds around town. Although once Mel's mother stepped in and Vi had her ass handed to her. She grunted at that one. But they gained a solid mutual respect for one another after that.

Noxus was once small but mighty attacking their enemies that surrounded them with strength and honor. Mel's mother ruled those efforts with an iron fist. She did not tolerate her enemies; she was fierce, ruthless, and exacting. Over time it was clear her people had great pride in what they had accomplished and they all loved each other and their land very much. They loved her mother, respected her and she respected them. I wish I could say the same for Zaun and Piltover.

A picture started to unfold from the intel they extrapolated. There was a man or someone at the center of all of these efforts: killing Mel's brother, siphoning trade routes, and pillaging the outer borders of Noxus amongst other things. And what made our hair stand on end was a growing number of shimmer overdoses. A drug that slipped its way into Noxian borders just in the last year. There was a connection to Piltover.

I explained the current findings in a meeting with the Medarda's and other aristocratic families of Noxus. Mel's mother eventually raised her hand ushering silence in the room.

"Jayce it seems whoever this is, is hell bent on destroying us from within. Do you have any idea who is running this shimmer ring?"

He looked at me and I uttered out "Sevika. She must be working for him." That must be why she's been absent from the Undercity. And was Jinx also behind any of the attacks? It wasn't clear. There hadn't been much left of the villages that were destroyed. But Ravens often crowed and gathered around some of the ruble. It had made Vi uneasy enough. She muttered that out in the room.

Silence fell again. Did that mean something?

Mel's mother calmly walked to the window pointing below to the courtyard where magic users were training. Dozens, no hundreds each trying to harness its power. Some older mage's instructed the new recruits. "Magic is a very powerful force here in Noxus."

She continued, "Long ago there were many magic users and we held them in high esteem as they strove to protect our city. Eventually maybe we grew complacent, happy in our strength and didn't put as much of an emphasis on their powers." I think she was being overly vague and omitting a lot of details.

A man stepped beside her, Jericho I think was his name, "My brothers and sisters we must tread lightly. There's an enemy in our midst. What can we do to rid ourselves of this Sevika?" He questioned.

This time Vi spoke stepping up to the room of elites bold and true. "I can draw her out, she hates me and I hate her."

Then it was settled we would prepare a trap. Still not knowing who this mystery puppeteer was behind Sevika pulling the strings.