A Simple Question

Vi's POV

We were the last ones on the dance floor.

"Shall we, dear?" I teased and then offered my arm.

"Hmm yes, let's go home."

We got close to the house, and I stopped her before we entered.

"Cait, wait. Do you think we could go up to the roof? I just want to be with you longer like this. I really don't want this night to end. Also, I really want to keep seeing you in that dress."

"Hmm oh really? Sure, I guess. That does sound like fun. We've never sat up there before... and you do look fucking brilliant in this suit."

"I did have to dress it up a little though." I showed off some of the pieces that were obviously my own.

"Hmm you did a fine job... You know I'm glad mum asked us to go together tonight. She couldn't have you looking any less than incredible being on my arm also. Always about appearances I suppose. Tonight, for once, I don't mind that she put in so much effort. It's actually been a really fun night despite the initial ass kissing."

"Heh, maybe we could do more of that later."

"Oh God, just couldn't help yourself could you?" Caitlyn rolled her eyes with a smirk.

"Nnnope."

We made our way to the roof moving up from the balconies. I helped Caitlyn and then laid back looking up at the stars. You could see them really well here in Piltover. There was something mesmerizing about all of them. "Wow, this is a much better view from up here than in Zaun. I never really noticed there's an infinite number of them."

"Hmm you are a much better view though." She teased.

"Cait, I've been thinking a lot about that journal you gave me... Powder actually said a few things in it that have stuck with me." I sat up on an elbow facing her. "I really feel like we're making a difference in our cities and well now I do feel like I have a family. I just – I love you so much."

"Vi, I do too. You've been able to make some real progress lately. I sure do love you." I reached out and squeezed her hand.

"Well we have done it all together. I was thinking...Cait... Well... I don't want to waste anymore time." I cleared my now exceptionally dry throat. "I was wondering if you'd want to make it official." I sat up and brought her up to look at me. We were sitting with our legs crossed, like kids about to spill all of their secrets. I held her hands tightly in mine.

"Make what official?..." She asked. Damn she is so cute when she's clueless. I let out a little nervous laugh and smiled into those dazzling blue eyes.

"Cait, you are my whole world. I want to live the rest of my life with you and wake up beside you everyday and be together every night... I'm so grateful that you found me... I love you with all my heart Cupcake. And I thought..." I got up on my knee.

"Caitlyn Kirraman, would you be my family? Would you marry me Cait?"

"Oh my God, Vi..." she was stunned for just a second, "Yes, yes of course I will. Yes I will marry you!!" We embraced on our knees under the stars. I couldn't help some tears streaming down my cheeks. Caitlyn blinked away some of her own.

Kissing her then was the absolute best thing that's ever happened to me. My heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I loved her more than I ever thought was possible. More than I had ever loved anyone in this world. I wanted to spend every second of the rest of my life loving her. We came up for air after several long beautiful minutes.

"...Violet, I love you, it would make me so happy to be your wife..." she kissed me deeply again, then paused. "Um, just one quick question though... Did you think to ask my father?"

"Should I have?" I smirked planting little kisses along her inviting neck.

"Well it is—"

"I'm kidding. I talked to Dad last week... and he must have said something to your Mom 'cause she's been way too nice to me all the sudden. I mean look at this fuckin awesome suit."

"Oh God do you think she knows already?" She blushed. I reached to hold her cheek in my palm.

"Hmm probably... Oh! I almost forgot. Damn I was so nervous..." I fiddled into my pocket, shaking my head and hands.

"Um it's nothing too special but I saw these and, well maybe you'd like them in the meantime. Ya know, until you find something more your style..." I pulled a small box out of my pocket. In it were two simple matching silver bands with our initials engraved inside of an infinity symbol.

"Oh Vi these are – they're lovely. Thank you darling! They're absolutely perfect." We placed them on each other's fingers. My hands were still shaky when she finally slipped mine over my worn knuckles.

"Glad you like them Cupcake... So uh, do you think we can go back to our room now? Ya know, so we can celebrate?" I asked, slowly running my hand up the slit in her dress tracing circles around her hip.

"Hmm, no. I don't want to waste any more time..." Caitlyn ran her fingers into my blouse and began kissing my neck. "Hmm this is mine isn't it?"

"Oh my... yes. Yes I am." My eyes rolled back as my head looked up to the night sky.

"Well now... Mrs. Kirraman... Do you want to have some fun under the stars tonight My Love?" I asked, barely getting my words out between nips.

"Hmm yes, Mrs. Kirraman, I definitely do."