The Choice

We sat in silence for a while. Caitlyn ran her fingers through my hair as I rested my head on her lap.

Finally I said, "we have to let her go. If we have any shot at her helping us. We–"

"I know." Caitlyn wiped away a tear. "No time to waste."

While we sent for the others to debate our next moves. Caitlyn and I slipped away.

It was early morning by now and most of the guards hadn't come in yet. Jinx would be locked down in her cell.

"I'm here to see Jinx." Caitlyn commanded the night guardsman.

"I don't... uh yes Sheriff." He stammered.

He showed us to her room and was about to call in a few guards. "No need." I patted him on the shoulder with my gauntlet. "I've got it covered." I winked.

We entered and Jinx yawned, opening her eyes. There was a bit of color to her face this time and her nails were painted.

"Hiya Sis, this is a surprise." She rubbed her eyes and smirked.

"We've come here to let you go." Caitlyn hushed.

"What? You're lying." Jinx darted her eyes back and forth to us both. Her breathing picked up.

"No," I said sternly. "We're going to make it look like you've escaped."

Jinx sat stunned for a moment then it was as if Powder was sitting on that bed in front of me. She asked sincerely. "Why? What on Gods green earth would have you coming to me?"

"Something out of this world. A thing, a being that is coming to kill us all." Caitlyn said low.

I looked at her now dead in the eyes and kneeled in front of her. "You may be the only one who can stop it Pow."

"Now...hit me."

Jinx blinked. "You're serious?" astonished.

"Yes. Go to Viktor and the Doctor. They can show you more." Caitlyn said sternly.

"Powder, I know you will do the right thing." I said – hoping. "Now take us out."

She didn't hesitate. Her eyes flicked purple. She nodded her head down then rushed us both quickly knocking us out.