My Vi

Caitlyn's POV

What a hell of a night we had had in the Undercity. Between the werewolf and Blitzcrank, Victor and Renata's terrifying mist. We were just spent. The next day drug on and both Vi and myself called it early. We needed to recharge and Vi said she had an idea. I had no clue what she was up to. So we headed home to change.

"Wear something comfortable," she yelled from the shower.

"Vi where are we going?"

"You'll see Cupcake."

"A surprise then?"

"Mhmm" She came out still not dressed in all her glory. "Let's get going I want to get there before dark." She winked.

"Oh God ok." My eyes wandered.

We left in a hurry, Vi dragging me quickly across the river.

"I've been meaning to show you a few things..." she leapt down a cliff to the rooftop just below and held out her hand. "Come on, this will be fun. I've got you." She winked and grinned.

We ran off leaping from the rooftops and balconies until we came to quite a view. It overlooked both Zaun and Piltover in the distance.

It was just us. No pressing threat on our minds. No worries in that moment. She held me close and pointed out various places and things she had done as a kid. She pointed to where she had grown up and where Ekko spent most of his time tinkering. She even recounted a story about Powder as a small girl as the sun set.

"We used to play behind The Last Drop there. I'd play tag with her and let her win just to see her smile. We'd play fight and I'd let her wrestle me to the ground and I'd attack her with tickling. We were so little back then. Even then trying to forget about what we had lost and just trying to have fun. I told her we would always stick together..." She paused, "Well you know that wasn't possible but my heart always meant it."

"Vi, I know so much has been so difficult for you.." I said looking at her. She still looked ahead then turned.

"Yeah, and I'm not saying this to bring down the mood. I just want you to know Caitlyn. That I'm always there for you. We should stick together. Always... Even when the entire world is trying to bring us down. We should still find time to have good times." We kissed softly.

"Come on I've got a few other places to show you and getting there is half the fun!" Vi stood up snatching my hand and we were off again. I have to say I was getting used to this Jumping, rolling, climbing. Although I still wasn't nearly as good as Vi. My sweet Vi. She seems so rough, but inside she's the most loving person I know.

We stopped at another site and jumped down into the Lanes.

"Okay so I know you don't - " I stopped her with a hard kiss throwing her back into the wall in the ally. We spent a few moments just feeling one another and not thinking, just doing.

She smirked taking a few much needed breathes, "As I was saying Cupcake... I know you've seen the brothel..." I blushed so hard. "But... I thought there is another more tasteful spot we could try."

"Oh... not what I thought you were going to say." We laughed and she led me through the streets.

We came to a larger bar and walked through to the back walls. Instantly you could hear a thumping base coming from down the back staircase, neon paints and very peculiar and attractive people lined the walls leading down to the club. It was a seriously amazing sight for true Zaunintes and youth, even some from Piltover. Every type, shape, and color. Enhanced by mechs or not, smoking or drinking anything; everyone was dancing and smiling. The dance floor was massive as hundreds gathered just to have a good time.

"Come on Babe." Vi whirled me around and we danced. I had never seen this side of her before. She was amazing and happy. I was happy and the world just sort of stood still for us. The beating music enlivened us and drew out joy we didn't know we had. We took advantage of the dance floor as well as the private rooms. We needed this.

What a release. What a night. I mean, oh shit it's morning...

"Vi! We've got to go we will be late for work!"

"Oh Damn!" she grabbed my hand and jacket. We stammered out a little drunk but mostly tipsy with the high of the evening. Laughing.

"Oh I love you Violet."

"I love you too." She scooped me up for one last smooch then we ran off as the sun came up over Piltover.