= Chapter II - Empty night =

Killer walked through the crowd trying not to bump into anyone, let alone attract attention. Something that was not possible because her clothes were considered "weird" by everyone. Killer held his breath for a moment, closing his eye sockets tightly.

"Just ignore them, Killer, just ignore them"

He muttered to himself before stepping out of the crowd, heading for a farther tent to hide. Killer squinted at the passing humans and monsters, all of whom wore 19th-century clothing, which confirmed his suspicions.

"A teleport machine couldn't do that... but a time machine can"

Killer whispered the last part in shock. Surely a time machine was much better than its original design, it could even give it top marks at the technology and innovation fair. That's when he found himself wandering through his mind again, it was something that happened now and then, but this time the situation was very serious and he needed to stop it. Killer slapped his hand to his face before stepping out from behind the tent and starting his search.

He walked around the less crowded parts in an attempt not to bump into anyone and not draw too much attention, which unfortunately didn't work. Killer's clothes coupled with his "suspicious" behavior caught the attention of several people at the fair, but Killer was too focused on his mission to be bothered by the attention he was getting. As Killer was looking at some merchandise, a cough caught his eye, when he looked back did he see a guard, or was it a policeman?

"I need you to accompany me immediately sir"

The guard/police had a serious expression in his eyes, it was almost as if he had committed a crime. He had his hand on his hip. Killer looking away ended up noticing something similar to an ancient weapon, which caused his non-existent brain to look for a way out as quickly as possible. He was sweating at that moment and was looking for a solution. The guard/policeman, seeing Killer's action, looked back enough for him to run in the opposite direction.

"HEY YOU, STOP IMMEDIATELY!"

Shouted the guard/policeman who started chasing Killer, who in an attempt to free himself, ends up making zigzag movements between people and the tents, which worked for a while, but soon the same guard/policeman found him and Killer. he had to leave the fair, frantically passing through the busy street until he reached the center where there were several old buildings and shops. Killer ran for about 3 minutes before coming to a stop near a pole to breathe, he was never a good runner so this situation tired him. A few seconds passed when Killer spotted the same human again, which made him run down the first alley he found hiding behind a large pile of old boxes and immediately covering his mouth as if the miserable sound he made could give him away.

Noises of hurried footsteps flooded Killer's nonexistent ears, luckily, the footsteps soon faded away, indicating that the danger was gone. When Killer felt he was safe, he came out of his hiding place and looked around, he didn't recognize anything and didn't know where he was, conclusion. He was lost and didn't know if he was still in his hometown or if he was in a totally different place. .

"At least I managed to get rid of that cop"

He spoke to himself relieved. He needed to be more careful with what he does and doesn't do. Could any wrong action change the past and, consequently, your present, or would it be future? Anyway, it didn't matter now, all he needed to know was if he was still in his town and where the clock was. Problem is, he didn't know if the cop was still chasing him, so he'd have to go undercover, but the problem is how.

At that moment it looks like the multiverse decided to lend him a hand when a sort of hooded cape was spotted between the boxes. The cloak wasn't long and only came to his waist and was torn and a little dirty, but at least it was something he could wear. Killer looked at the cape stuck for a moment, if he wasn't careful the boxes would fall out, so the best solution was to pull the cape slowly and carefully. After almost 5 long minutes the cape was finally free, with only a few more rips that made it shrink a few inches, something irrelevant to Killer who put the cape on and lifted the hood.