= Chapter IV | Discovery =

Killer woke up to a noise coming from the door, he yawned and scratched one of his eye sockets. Looks like he is not good at trying to stay up all night. Killer stretched and gave a small smile as he felt his bones crack. Then knocking was heard on the door again. Killer stared at the door before getting up and going to open it, but before he could do that the door opened, causing both of them to face down and fall.

"I-I'm sorry!"

Killer stuttered as he held the skeleton above him. Nightmare was a little embarrassed by this, but soon the feeling was exchanged for anger. How did that foreigner dare to do that? But the anger was fleeting as he took it as an accident.

"It doesn't matter"

Nightmare got up and started cleaning his clothes. Killer mentally slapped himself and stood up, he didn't want that to happen, especially in the situation he was in. Nightmare as soon as he finished glanced at Killer sideways before leaving, passing through the hallway and heading for the stairs, but before going down he spoke.

"Breakfast is ready. Dream insists that I prepare something for you too, thank me later, not everyone who can eat my food"

That was all Nightmare said before heading downstairs. Killer watched Nightmare leave and heaved a small sigh, he never imagined someone as cold as that guy, but he wouldn't deny that it made him attractive. Killer caught himself in these thoughts and slapped himself twice. How can he be thinking these things with someone who is probably dead in his time! Putting those thoughts aside, Killer returned to the bedroom and went straight to the clothes he'd placed on the armchair. A simple white blouse with sleeves, black pants, and a suspender of the same color. Killer looked at the outfit for a moment before changing.

"Until it didn't get so bad"

Killer talked to himself as he looked into the small, worn mirror, then rolled up his sleeves and pulled his suspenders a little. Killer looked at his other clothes and thought about where he could put them, he couldn't just leave them there, it could cause some horrible consequences in the future. Soon he had the idea of ​​tying his jacket around his waist and folding the rest of his clothes and tucking them between his ribs. It might not be the best idea in the world, but you have to work with what you have. He then took out his cell phone and tried to call it again, but the normal thing happened... nothing... he then gave a disappointed sigh before leaving the room but ended up stopping to observe an old painting on the wall. The painting had the two younger brothers with a woman that Killer assumed was their mother, just before Killer could admire the work someone called him out.

"Killer the food will get cold!"

Dream spoke loud enough for Killer to hear, but it certainly wasn't loud enough to scream. As he descended the stairs and approached the kitchen, a pleasant smell filled the room. When he got to the kitchen, Dream was already eating, while Nightmare was drinking something from his cup, which Killer assumed was coffee. Killer waited at the door for some sign, what if it wasn't for him? Nightmare set his cup on the table that served as a partition and looked at Killer with a raised eyebrow.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

Nightmare pointed to the plate. Killer gave a weak smile and walked over to the table, the smell was just great, he didn't expect this, mainly because of how hard it was to get good quality food back then. However, nothing beats his much-loved hot dog made by Horror, by the way, he wonders how things are going in the future..present?.. which is still complicating him. Anyway, he just wanted to know if everything remains the same or if something has changed, he shouldn't be here with his brothers, this small event may have already caused some change.

"See you soon brother!"

Dream's speech ended up snapping Killer from his thoughts, who watched the golden-eyed skeleton leave the kitchen. It didn't take long for the creaking noise of the door to be heard opening and closing, indicating that Dream had left. Killer looked to where his plate should have been and didn't find it there, only then did he notice Nightmare washing them. By Toby Fox! How could he be so detached that he didn't notice? After a few seconds Killer composed himself and tried to make conversation with Nightmare.

"Sooo~ Where did your brother go?"

"To work"

Well, that wasn't exactly what Killer expected. I mean, did he hope they could have a more... elaborate conversation? That wouldn't be the right term, just that they could talk a little more normally. Perhaps he'd better leave and continue his search.

"Thanks for what you and your brother did for me, but now I have to go"

Killer stood up and put his hands in his coat pockets. Nightmare as soon as he finished closed the faucet and dried his hands, then he went to Killer, which made him sweat a little because he thought that Nightmare was going to do something.

"I'll walk you to the door"

"Thanks"

Killer spoke, trying not to stutter. Both then walked a few meters to the door. Killer was relieved to finally get out of there, even though he had missed the delicious food. But now was not the time, he had to continue his search and return to his home. As soon as Killer leaves. Nightmare felt relieved, he didn't like strangers in his house, but he had to do this for his brother. He then goes to the couch and sits down, but something was wrong, he wasn't stupid and he knew Killer was hiding something. Ten that came and went he could see in the little signs that that foreigner was hiding something, and he was going to find out.

Killer walked the busy streets looking for any sign of his watch, but what shocked him was how much his city had changed in nearly 200 years. Seeing that the buildings were once simple shops and houses fascinated him and made him think about how would it be to see the creation of the city or even to see what the future will be like, but before thinking about that he must find his watch and go back to his time. As Killer walked he began to notice some places that were similar to the ones he and his friends passed when they went to a diner or just for a walk, that's when he noticed the museum and the nearby houses and shops. They were still the same as before, that was quite impressive. Heavens! He'd love to tell Dust and Horror how this is going, they certainly won't believe it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

"Killer Focus! You have a watch to find"

Killer told himself he couldn't give up, at least not now. Killer continued his search for almost 3 hours, it might be easier if he asked people, but what would he say? "Hello my name is Killer and I'm 200 years ahead of the future, I ended up stuck here by accident because I lost my watch which in this case is my school work and I would like to know if I've seen it around". Who on the face of the multiverse would believe him? Surely they would call him crazy and even call the hospice if they already existed at that time. The more Killer walked, the more places he recognized, even finding the place where his school would be, which in this case was just an empty, dirty and smelly land, hygiene at that time didn't seem to be a strong point.

"Even this trip to the past is not so bad"

Killer said to himself looking at an old cafe that he recognized all too well, the only difference was the color it got a makeover, but other than that, it was identical. After another 1 hour of searching. Killer decided to take a break, he was already getting tired and the searches were getting him nowhere. Killer then walked a little way before stopping in an alley and sitting right there, he then took his cell phone out of his pocket and tried once more to try to get a signal or talk to his friends, maybe even his parents, but nothing happened. His cell phone crashed constantly, probably because phones and cell phones didn't exist back then. At that moment Killer felt the presence of someone, he looked to the right and found no one, but when he looked to the left his gaze sank. Nightmare was there, and he seemed utterly perplexed by the device in Killer's hands. He didn't understand why Nightmare was there, was he following him? But none of that mattered now, what mattered was that he had ruined the past and that the future he knows will no longer be the same.