Appearance

Klaus wasn't sure if he was more surprised or puzzled. She was obviously interested in him, so why the denial?

"Oh Lord!" Hayley gasped, echoing her own thoughts, "You're so mean!"

"Hey, why am I mean? You're the one who really screwed up...maybe I should call you that!"

"Yeah, but then I didn't know what I was doing. I just thought he was this incredibly hot guy who was into me."

There was more laughter and then Elena asked, "So…what was he like?"

His voice was almost rough. She was turned on. No doubt about that. Klaus hesitated as to whether this was a good thing or a bad thing.

While he loved hearing that gritty heat in Elena's voice, he didn't like where this was heading. The last thing he wanted was for Hayley to share their night together...

Well. Fuck it. It was time to make an appearance.

He walked into the room like he owned the place, which he was. "Well... what have we got here? Having a party and I wasn't invited?"

Both girls turned their heads in her direction. Elena stared dumbfounded before a blush stained her cheeks a beautiful shade of pink. Hayley laughed nervously.

 Hayley laughed nervously

"How long have you been here?" Elena asked, fiddling with her drink

'Long enough' Klaus thought, but instead he just smiled and said. "You know, if I wasn't so sure of my absolute charm, I think I'd be hurt if you refused to invite me to your party session…" 

He walked across the room to inspect the damage to his liquor supply. Sure enough, they had passed for a bottle of their best bourbon, but Klaus figured a hundred year old bottle of spirits was worth the information he had gathered. He poured himself a glass of his favorite whiskey.

"So…" he asked, unable to keep the smile off her face, "what are we celebrating?"