chapter 3- New ways

I was walking home with Ryu and Yami. Yami was listening to music as usual and Ryu was..... blank facing? Is that even a thing? Anyway, we stopped at the signal waiting for the cars to stop. Atleast me and Yumi did. Ryu was still walking.

Ryu p.o.v

I was thinking about (name). Why did she ditch us? Is she dating that boy? No she would have told us. But what- I halt out of my thoughts when I felt a jerk on my hand. Someone pull me backwards. My breath hitched as A car passed by me in full speed. I blinked and let out a breath.

I turned other way glancing at my arm that was held in tight grip. My eyes trail upward towards the person holding my hand with a look of terror. She turned towards me looking up and down for any injury. She sighed after finding none her eyes harden when she glanced at my face.

"Have you gone mad?! You know what would have happened if I didn't pull you back!" (Name) yelled at me and pushed me back.

"What were you thinking?!" She shouted. People turned towards us. Yami tugged on her blazer and pointed at others who were looking at us. (Name) turned towards them and glared at them "What are you looking at!? Do whatever you were doing!" She barked at them. Everyone looked away awkwardly and continue whatever they were doing.

I stared at her shocked. I didn't know she could do that, she was always the timid and shy girl. So what changed?

"I am going to tell mom that you weren't following traffic rules" Yuki spoked out of nowhere. Breaking my train of thoughts.

My eyes widened I remember the last time I crossed the road when the signal was still green. I don't want that again. I gulped and turned towards her. "You won't" she gave me a face saying try-me-bitch.

she ran the other side when the signal turned red. I heard giggling for my right side, turning towards (name) I saw her giggling. I narrowed my eyes at her "What are laughing at?"

"D-did you saw your face it looks like you saw a ghost!" She said taking a deep breath. My lips twitch slightly.

"It's not funny!"

Reader p.o.v

While laughing I glanced behind Ryu and saw a familiar face. I remember something.

Flashback

Me and Akira were walking towards cafeteria. We have became close since he told me about everything.

Both of us were silent. Akira spoked breaking the silence. "Do you know why out of everyone I told you about you being just some characters in a book?"

"Yeah, because I am super smart. How would I know?" I said rolling my eyes.

He chuckled and nodded his head. "Correct, I didn't tell Yuki because the protagonists are naive and stupid, she would have told someone by now.

And you know the male leads, there was the only person who was practical and won't freak out, you."

I stared at him. I didn't know he trust me that much. He continued. "And the author wasn't fair with you, your friend ignored you for other girl, when you thought about standing up for yourself everyone ditch you."

I smiled slightly "At least now I had a true friend, right?" He smiled and nodded but soon his smile turned into frown. "What happened?"

"I don't want you to end the way. Please stay away from the reason of your suffering"

I nodded "Ryu"

Present

I stopped laughing and glanced at Ryu who was looking at me, "I have to go, bye!" I said and ran past him. Ryu looked at me confused.

"Akira! Akira!" I yelled his name out. He stopped in his tracks and turned around. Spoting me he waved, "What are you- oh" he stopped and glanced behind me.

"What are you doing here?"I asked him stopping in front of him. He showed me the packet of chips "I was buying some snacks, want some?" I nodded and grabbed a few.

"Let's go I will drop you home" he said.

"Ah you don't have to I don't want to problem you" I said.

He looked at me like I have grown two heads. "You know we both live like next to each other. I'm shocked you didn't notice" I looked at him

"don't fool me, how I never noticed you then. There is a only way from my house to school" I said.

"No there is a another way, a short cut actually" he said putting his hands in his pocket.

"No way"

***

No way! I looked at Akira who was looking all smug giving a i-told-you vibe.

"How could I never noticed it!?" Akira bought me from the short cut. Which only took about 10 minutes or something.

"You know you could come with me if you want" Akira said.

"Hell yeah!" I shouted

He smiled and opened the door of his house. I waved at him, he waved back.

I entered my house. "Do you know Akira?" My mom asked.

I looked at her"You know him?"

"Hmm, he helped me with groceries. He is such a nice boy right?" She said.

I hummed and asked "Is Akashi-nii still at school?"

"He have extra classes. Don't worry once his exams will be over he will spend time with you again" she smiled at me and I smiled back.

***

Hiyyaaaa starmys this is fallen star and thank you for reading this.