chapter 5 feelings

I silently waltz through the nearly empty hallways alone. Akira wasn't with me today, he was in his football practice. Apparently he got selected in the school football team. I was shocked at first I never thought he would actually get select. Only Ace players were placed in the team. 

     Sigh left my lips, it was already boring without him constantly bugging me around. I got used to his stupid face and wierd antics.

     "Y/n!"I stopped in my tracks after hearing my name being called, turning around I was met by striking blue orbs staring at me from distance. Jun walked towards me and stood beside me "I am going to the class, let's go together" he said I nodded at his words and resume walking.

     Jun and I became friends after he helped me with a problem in the maths class. Then we would talk with each other. Then he started to hangout with me and Akira. Other than that he was with Yuki and the gang.

     We walked in silence, cold breeze blowing past us making me shiver. "I heard what happened between you and Ryu, I was worried about you. Sorry I didn't come earlier" he broke the silent atmosphere between us. "How... Are you feeling now?" He said without looking at me at all.

     I slowed my pace, that's what I am asking myself how am I feeling now. I stared at his side profile, calm wind brushing against his soft black locks blowing them slightly.

      "Hmm, honestly I..... don't even know anymore. A part of me is happy that I finally let my emotions out, but other doesn't know what to feel. I am really confused and frustrated that I can't even figure out my feelings" I stated with my head facing downward. 

      Akira stopped in his tracks causing me to stumble in his back. Confused why he stopped I lift my head only to met with his eyes. 

       "I am sure you will figure out everything" he said eyes never leaving mine. He lifted his hand to tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. Fingers slightly grazing my cheek causing them to hit up. 

        I jolted by a notification coming from my phone and blinked rapidly. Jun stepped back a little and cleared his throat. I fetch my phone from my skirt pocket and saw a message from Akira. 

aki~

    sorry y/n I can't walk home with you today we have extra practice session for upcoming match. I hope you understand.

you~

don't worry about me. I will adjust. And good luck

     I replied and put my phone back. "Great!" I sighed out. "What happened?" Jun asked me.

    "Akira can't walk home with me today, he have to practice for the upcoming football match" I answered desperately. 

"I could walk you home if you want" he offered. 

    "Ah! No need, I could go home myself I am not a kid anymore" I answered waving my hand dismissively. He opened his mouth but closed it again knowing there no point in arguing with me.

    After school ended I decided to go by the longer route today. Sun was slowly sinking to the west creating a beautiful shade of orange in the sky. I pulled out my phone and clicked a photo of the scenary. 

     Slowly walking on the road enjoying the feeling of wind brushing against my skin and ruffling my hair. I looked around its been awhile since I came this way. 

     I glanced at my left only to come across a park that holds a lot of memories in it. When we were kids we use to come here often, me, Yami and Ryu. After staring at it awhile I decided to go inside..

    Looking around I noticed not a lot of stuff has changed. Sitting on a bench. There weren't many people here a few kids laughing and playing around with their parents. I smiled at them, taking the view around me I closed my eyes for a bit. Remembering old times.

*Flashback*

     laughing could be heard as two kids chased eachother. Grinning widely, enjoying their game of tag in their own little world.

   "You can't catch me y/n-chan!" The small boy with blonde hair exclaimed laughing loudly.

    "Ah! Ryu-kun you are too fast! Wait for me!" The girl whined running after Ryu.

     Ryu giggled and picked up his pace. "Catch me if you can!" He said not noticing the rock in his way. His foot hit on rock causing his small body to colliding against the hard ground. Ryu let out a pained cry.

    "Ryu-kun!" Y/n quickly rushed to his side, helping him up her worried eyes roamed on his figure. Tears gather in Ryu's eyes slowly rolling down on his cheek. "Are you alright?! Did you get hurt?!" Y/n asked worried about him. 

      Ryu sniffled and pointed at his knee which was scrapped and was bleeding slightly. Y/n gasped "you-you are bleeding"  she looked around trying to find someone but no avail, they were alone in the park. 

     she checked her pockets and found a handkerchief that her mother made for her with her name on it. She gazed at it for awhile before tying it around Ryu's bloody knee. "Can you walk Ryu-kun?" 

    "I-I don't t-think so"  he said sniffling quietly. Y/n crouched down before him. 

    "Get on my back Ryu-kun, I'll drop you home" she said. Ryu shook his head.

"I am heavy! you can't lift me!" 

     y/n huffed "don't underestimate me, I will be your knight in shining armour! Now hop on! I'm a strong girl" she said. Ryu was hesitant but obeyed her. Y/n lift him slowly, getting used to his heavy weight. Ryu wrapped his hands around her neck. 

      "Thank you, my knight in shining armour" Ryu said dramatically making y/n giggle.

"Your welcome my princess" she replied walking slowly towards his house.

*End*

I opened my eyes and smiled at the memory. I stood up and make my out of the park.

      "I am home!"I called when I reach to my house. My mom come out wiping her hands on her apron. "Welcome back"she smiled. I nodded and threw my body on the sofa.

     My mom rolled her eyes "get up you lazy potato and go to your room there is someone waiting for you" I perked my head upward. 

     "Who is it?" I asked sitting properly. She shook her head and told me to find out myself. Sighing I lift myself from the sofa and stride towards my room. Opening the door I was met by a uncommon sight in front of ...