Chapter 1: Harry becomes a Handler

(Narrator's POV)

The asset walks down the street in the dark. He was on a mission to go collect someone important to Hydra. And he knew better than to disobey an order.

Once he gets to the house he's supposed to be at, he walked up to the door, to see a baby. He looked down at the baby shocked. Since it was November, in the middle of the night. Who leaves a baby in the cold like that.

He bent down and picked the baby up. He held the baby close to him. He knew Hydra could see the baby as well, using his robotic eye to do so.

Old handler: "Good job soldier. Now return to base."

The asset was going to walk away from the house, but the baby woke up and smiled at the asset. The asset paused and looked down at the baby confused. He saw the scar on his forehead, and some how could sense something dark in it.

 He saw the scar on his forehead, and some how could sense something dark in it

Old handler: "Soldier move now before someone sees you."

The asset moved to leave, but the baby reached up and touched the asset's eye, the robot eye. And then all of the sudden his eye shut down, and the computers back at the base shut down as well.

This freaked them out, and they tried to get it back up and running. They didn't know what just happened.

Back with the asset. He looked down at the baby shocked and confused. The baby just giggled at him. The asset felt a wave of relief and freedom. But he knew that he wasn't free. Another voice in his head was telling him to go back to the base, but whenever he looked down at the baby, he couldn't.

So instead he placed the baby back on the doorstep and knocked on the door. He then hid somewhere and watched as a horse faced lady opened the door. When she looked down at the baby, she gasped and instead of picking him up. She called for her husband.

The big man came to her, and was shocked as well. They bought the baby inside their house, and talked. The asset watched and listened from outside a window. The lovers read the letter.

Man: "What the bloody hell?! He can't force us to take care of this freak!"

The lady looked down at the baby with disgust. The asset was starting to second guess his decision. But he knew he couldn't take care of the kid. Not with Hydra on his ass.

Lady: "What do we do, Vernon?"

The big man thought about it, and read the letter again.

Venom: "Just throw the freak in the cupboard. The letter tells us that we NEED to make him feel unloved. So that's what we will do."

The asset growled at that. Someone WANTED these people to abuse this baby. He hated that. While his blood boiled, his flames kicked in just a little bit, but he noticed it before anyone else did, and calmed down.

So instead he choose to stay around the house to protect the kid at all cost. He felt protective of the kid, and he realized that the kid became his new handler.