Çhåþ†êr 1 - The Beginning

.

-----
.
-----
.
-----
.
-------------------------------------------
.
-----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------
.
----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------------------

Eren POV:

"Huh... Mikasa?"

Beams of bright light gracefully shone upon my young features, the soft breeze stroking my skin with a gentle touch, almost like how a mother would caress her young child. Shabby windmills spun in the distance, while the close leaves rustled with the gentle gust that danced with the flowers and swung with individual blades of grass, as though it was constantly attempting to find itself a suitable partner. A lone tree stump sat alone among a field of flowers that surrounded the scene with a beauty comparable to Eden's luscious gardens. Distant houses sat along with the windmills, small and simple, yet it added a sense of calm to my mind, and not far behind the houses sat a large fifty-meter-high wall.

Ah yes, the wall...It blocked the view of the mountains, cast shadows on the cities below, and kept humanity secure like cattle in a pen, something I never agreed with-well, not never. More specifically, after Armin showed me his book on the outside world. After I saw those pages filled with wonder, never once have I stopped wanting to tread past the walls, never once have I stopped dreaming of the possibilities of what may lay behind them.

Mikasa stood above me, her ebony hair and crimson scarf swaying with the breeze, and her pink cardigan, which lay above a long white dress, which reached her ankles, expanded that shadow that stood above me.

"We should return home" She spoke, her voice soft, yet her eyes stern as she stood from her crouched position, standing up to her full height, allowing the sun's glow to reflect her beauty.

I tilted my head, my eyes still half-lidded. "Why... are you here?" I questioned, my voice slightly hoarse and soft, yet it was loud enough so the young girl could hear.

The girl's mouth parted as she blinked at me. "Were you in a deep sleep and thought you were still dreaming?" She inquired, her soft voice calming my senses.

Groggily, I sat up and leaned against the tree. I raised my arm to cast a shadow over my eyes, protecting me from the sun's blasting glow. "No, I think I was having a really long dream. What was I dreaming about...? I can't remember." I mumbled to myself before I took a deep inhale and stood up, using my knee for support.

The girl looked at me in surprise before raising a finger and pointing at my forest green eyes. "Eren, why are you crying?" I blinked in surprise before raising my hand, then gently touching my wet cheek, my mouth parting when the pad of my index finger made contact with a small tear that slid down my cheek.