Çhåþ†êr 10 - This Isn't Real

-----

.
-----
.
-----
.
-----
.
-------------------------------------------
.
-----
.
----
.
---
.
------------------------------------------------
.
----
.
----
.
----
.

------------------------------------------------------------

First Person POV:

"Hey! Come on! Hurry up!"

"HUH?! Wait up!"

I cried as I ran as fast as my legs and arms could push me. I panted, a bead of sweat rolling down the side of my face as I avoided strangers, my young from slipping past them, and chasing after the girl in front of me, who was weaving past civilians with ease.

"Annabelle, wait for meeeee!" I yelled, only to get a small chuckle as a response. My footsteps thudded against the cobbled floor while strangers eyed me with disgust and some with slight concern as I ran through them to get to my best, and only, friend, Annabelle.

My brown and torn long coat that I wore dragged behind me slightly, its hem gently skimming the ground with every pump of my arm. It was dirty, and twice my size, yet it was the only thing keeping me warm during the cold of the winter's night that seemed to never end.

I whined as my burning feet thudded on the ground hastily, and my hair flew behind me whilst my (e/c) eyes were glued to the spot of where the girl ran. "(Y/N), you're too slow! Hurry up or else we'll miss them!" I heard Annabelle cry out behind her before her voice faded into the crowd and I pouted.

"Annabelle!" It was just us. Two young girls faced starvation on the streets. Alone, tired, struggling to survive, yet we were happy because we had one another. We were happy because we kept one another happy, and even though we hated our current situation, we wouldn't have it any other way because we knew that if our paths along life tilted even the slightest bit, neither of us would've ever met and became friends.

I froze after I lost track of the blonde-haired girl that was once just in arm's reach. I clutched my fisted palms to my chest and scanned the area with haste while my breaths began to get heavy. I was beginning to panic. I was alone in the streets that were filled with those who would want to potentially hurt me. I was alone in the streets that were filled with people who watched me as if I were a pest destined to die on the side of the road. The only person in the world I trusted was nowhere in sight.

My young eyes began to tear up from my panic as I mumbled out her name to myself. "Annabelle..." Everyone who passed me looked down on me like I was a rat, or an insect, born only to annoy those bigger than itself. They looked down on me like an inconvenience that could squish and kill with a single stomp of their foot, and that brought unbelievable fear into my mind.