Çhåþ†êr 18 - A Shift

.
-----
.
-----
.
-----
.
-------------------------------------------
.
-----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------
.
----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------------------

First Person POV:

The bustling streets forced me to stay beside my comrade, occasionally gripping onto the fabric of his clothes in order to stay within distance of him. The pathway was stormed with people of all ages, genders, and heights, but their chatter would bring an ache to anyone's ears. People trying to talk over one another, others trying to find a private area, but failing when they just came face-to-face with more humans in their path, while some realized they were helpless and attempted to stick by the ones they were familiar with.

This was the marketplace within wall sina. Merchants called over all the chatter, only for their voices to get consumed by the new ones that were attempting to sell their wares to anyone that would listen to their deals, and even then, the distinct chatter held a firm grip on everyone's ears. Music was played in the distance by professionals wanting attention, constantly clashing with one another, that would be just on the other side of the sea of people, causing difficulties whenever someone wanted to get out of the crowd. The only way that you could escape such a thing would be to continue just going forward and hope for the best.

This is what I was currently doing. My hand was gripped around the cloth that hung from Levi's jacket as we weaved through the people, though I would occasionally crash into his back once he halted to let others pass before him, which he would be constantly forced to do. We arrived here not long ago, Hange and Mike in tow, yet they were soon captured by the crowd and led to another place, that at the moment, was unknown to us.

I was exhausted. My mind was hazy and my eyes were close to shutting, even within the great noise that surrounded me. Levi was aware of this and wanted to get us out of this crowd as soon as possible before I fell asleep and got trampled on by those around me, yet we were, so far, incapable of leaving the crowds. When we turned, there seemed to be no way out, no escape from this dreaded situation, and it was so tiring. Neither of us had taken a break from walking for at least a few hours, and even when we did, it was as though everyone from the crowd would just follow us. We were very unfortunate, in that regard.

And don't even mention the fans. Men, women, and children would often follow us anyway, just to get an autograph, or maybe even a proper look of the ones trying to save them from the titans, though it was mostly the children, minus the few women, who managed to get swooned by just looking at Levi and I, and even some men, in the process.

So, in conclusion, things were not going well, at all.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them, but to my dismay, the constant lurking feeling of tiredness kept on creeping up from the back of my mind. My legs hurt and my feet were likely bleeding from the amount of people who have stood on them, while my ears ached due to the sheer amount of noise caused by the wave of humans around us, but alas, we had to keep going.