Çhåþ†êr 2 - The Attack Begins

.

-----
.
-----
.
-----
.
-------------------------------------------
.
-----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------
.
----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) POV:

The wind blew my hair and my scout's cape as my footsteps, along with many others, echoed across the street as they hit the stone ground. The clouds above were parted, showing the bright honeys, marigolds, navies, and crimsons of the evening sky as the shadows of the night began to cast on the district. Dealers were packing away their wares of the day along with counting their well-earned coins they gained throughout the daylight, while mothers carried their children, and fathers watched their families with joy. Birds flew overhead and past the walls, their feathers fluttering with the wind while their cries chorused together into a melody and sung through the town, sending an inexplicable amount of happiness to flood through my system, allowing a small smile to spread across my features as I glanced up, my hair still dancing in the wind.

My lips released a loud sigh as my arms began to ache due to being dragged throughout the streets of Shiganshina for the last few hours by nine children, my lover, who never once let go of my hand, and Lizzie, the orphanage Nannie, who ran after us like a panting dog, her tongue out and everything.

Elizabeth, or Lizzie, had bright, gleaming hazel eyes that reflected all the innocence in the world. Her long brown hair that went down to her hips swayed behind her with her long, sage green ankle-length dress that was worn under a pale white apron she wore.

Gabriel, the man who refused to let go of my hand, had short ebony hair and vibrant ocean eyes that glistened in the sun's bright beams. His face was adorned with freckles, and his lengthy eyelashes contributed to his appeal. He was reasonably tall, standing at around six foot while his frame remained perfectly average for a soldier. He wore the normal military police uniform, often gaining glares from others, though he didn't mind even though the military police name was ruined by greedy scoundrels.

My gloved fingers were linked with Gabriel's tight hold, his grip as tight as a knot, while two of the children had a tight grip on my other arm, dragging me along with them through the bustling town.

The evergoing distant voice of Lizzie slowly muffling into the crowd made me sigh as the other children ran further into the crowd, shouting and laughing as they weaved through strangers.

With a sweat drop, I slowly glanced up at Gabriel, who kept his gaze forward. "...Could you remind me where we're going?" I inquired, my lazy pupils, drooping slightly as I yawned, tears forming in the corner of my (e/c) eyes.

The man sighed before giving my hand a small squeeze, a small smile taking over his features. "Did you already forget?" He looked down at me with soft eyes, and I nodded, making him sigh before leaning down and gently kissing my forehead. I looked away with a small blush as his lips lingered much longer than I expected, making butterflies swarm in my stomach.