Çhåþ†êr 7 - Her Hope

-----

.
-----
.
-----
.
-----
.
-------------------------------------------
.
-----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------
.
----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------------------

First-Person POV:

My chest inhaled deeply, my eyes glued to the hole in the gate of Trost. My locks flew behind me and my cape waved with the breeze.

On my horse, I rode in the center of the squad, Alessia, Rome, and Joy on my left, Shane, Harper, and Noah on my right, their eyes all facing forward.

The sun was just beginning to set over the horizon, leading our forms to be seen as silhouettes in the evening as we rode forward as fast as possible, killing titans on our way. The blades of grass swayed with the gentle gust that collided and inhaled the smoke that rose from over the wall as the sound and vibrations of footsteps caused us all to be on extra high alert.

The sky was painted with marigolds, carmines, honeys, and salamanders of the setting sun that selfishly shone whatever it could as the night was coming into shape as the smoke invaded the image, mixing with the hues and creating a darker atmosphere to be set. The screams from inside the wall cast shivers down my spine, too similar to the ones I felt five years ago. My lazy eyes narrowed.

As we approached the gate that was swarmed with titans, I stretched my arm out to the side, attracting the attention of my team. They turned to me, curious of my next move. "Noah, Joy..." They tensed slightly at their names. "...As soon as we enter through the gate...split off to the east side of the district..." Noah opened his mouth to speak but decided otherwise and instead nodded with Joy. "...Shane, Alessia..." They puffed out their chests. "...Do the same...but on the west side..." They nodded in unison, turning to one another and nodding. "Rome...Harper..." They pursed their lips in anticipation with furrowed brows. "...Keep going forward...kill any titans you find on your way to the next gate..." I silently unsheathed my blades, my eyes glued to the broken wall. "...I'll guard the wall...to stop any more from getting in..."

"Yes, Captain."

They all spoke in unison, no hesitation in their words. "...I trust all of you to kill as many as you can...and come back alive with as few injuries as possible..." They all silently nodded, though I knew they understood my words and took them to heart. "Remember...the innocents and comrades first...then yourself..."

We passed through the gate and the screeching of blades was heard before the zipping of ODM gear filled my system. The empty horses passed me, Harper and Rome amongst them upon their own horses before I stood up, on the saddle, my right foot shaking as I moved from a crouched position, to fully standing atop of my horse, my blades in each of my hands.

My eyes narrowed at the number of titans in the area. Soldiers screamed as they were plunged into the mouths of the titans while crimson soaked the streets. It was a bloodbath.