Çhåþ†êr 20 - Pain-Filled Escape

-----

.
-----
.
-----
.
-----
.
-------------------------------------------
.
-----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------
.
----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------------------

I grunted, knees almost buckling beneath me if it weren't for the fact the grip on the wall beside me was too tight. Everything was burning, it felt like the whole world around me was crumbling beneath my feet as the walls spun and the lights flickered through my mind, one by one. I faltered, my fingers slipping from the stone before I hastily gripped onto the nearest object to halt my fall. A cabinet.

I released a shaking breath.

It was only a moment later that the wall just behind me was blasted into a thousand pieces and thrown across the city in a frenzy as screams of pure terror and pain echoed through the entire district.

I took a glance behind me, my eyes unnaturally wide as I caught glimpse of Eren's titan laying motionless amongst the rubble. His eyes were closed, his whole form was brutalised, his whole shape was beaten beyond recognition-

I grunted, hunching over and falling on all fours, though one hand gripped at my stomach as I turned back forward. I was supposed to be out of here. As soon as Erwin and the others left, I was supposed to be picked up by some of our comrades and escorted to safety, away from this district, and away from all the violence but-

But I wasn't.

Instead, I was left alone, waiting for someone, anyone to come after me, yet to no avail. No one ever came. As soon as I heard the rumblings getting louder, the titans getting closer, I knew I had to move. No matter how injured I was, no matter how battered and bruised I am mentally and physically, I had to move. So, I wasted no time, fumbling out of bed and practically crawling through the hallways with nothing but a trail of blood left behind me.

And that brings me to this moment.

Everything inside me was screaming for me to stop, collapse and hope for death rather than carry on and wither away in my own despair and pain that stormed through my whole body at an almost unbearable rate. Almost. I was able to shakily stand with some help from the walls, and I was able to crawl if that meant survival.

I know, pathetic.

I felt like a selfish civilian now- one of the greedy businessmen no one would bat an eye for otherwise there were punishments. They were cocky and cruel until it came to survival and they would practically beg on their knees just for their business- for themselves. They would even offer someone else's life before theirs, as if it wasn't as precious as their own.

All life is sacred.

No matter how much we wish to hate that fact- it's true.

No one's life should be held above another due to riches, race, gender, or anything. In the eyes of god, we are all equal- all meant the same amount - all carry the weight of sin and pain- all of us are just humans-