Be Nicer, Perhaps?

— BE NICER, PERHAPS? —

●♧♧●

I stood there, mouth agape, as Verena walked off with Aldertree. I fiddled with my thumbs, unsure on what to do. My wife was getting treated like shit from a guy who believes he is above all.

I scoffed to myself, shaking my head.

"Alec?" Izzy spoke up and i found myself only being able to hum. "She'll be fine, big brother." I shook my head and began to walk off. I couldn't believe Izzy. From all the stuff Verena has gone through...and to now be confined to the Institute by a fucking bracelet?

I clenched my fist and slammed it against the wall. The side of my hand throbbed, a sharp pain coarsing through it, but i disregarded that and walked towards the Ops Centre. I have to at least try and find Jace...before Aldertree does.

"Alec. I need you to step away." Lydia Commanded and i rolled my eyes, deciding it was better than to argue with her at the moment.

Verena would've said something witty...something funny.

Shut up Alec. Stop thinking like she's dead.

I sighed and walked off, towards our shared bedroom. I can only brood now. With my head in my hands i could contemplate all the things i've seen today. From the looks Aldertree tried to subtly give Rena, to the bracelet he clamped on her wrist that basically fries her insides...it pissed me off.

"Come on, let's do this." Izzy said as Clary sauntered in behind us. Me and Iz headed towards the training room, Izzy's whip in hand and a few daggers in my own. I loved daggers, and i loved bows - ahem...for no reason - and i loved swords.

I don't, however, like whips. I'm not a kinky bitch, thanks.

"Do what?" Clary asked and i rolled my eyes.

"Dumbass, what does it look like?" When i turned my head to look over my shoulder, i saw Clary mouthing, obviously mocking me. Does this girl seriously never stop judging me?

"God, you never change." Clary scoffed, shaking her head and i chuckled, shaking mine with a small smile on my face.

"Neither do you, Clarissa." As me and Izzy drew closer to the swords so that we also had more of a variety of weapons to train with, Clary looked at us like we were mental.

"You seriously want to train right now?" She asked and i nodded.

"Yep. Can't do fuck-all else."