Things Change

— THINGS CHANGE —(i'm sorry if this chapter triggers anyone with emetophobia)

— THINGS CHANGE —
(i'm sorry if this chapter triggers anyone with emetophobia)

• ♤♤ •

"Verena." I had been stuffed back into my cage, the bindings that kept me from going anywhere or doing anything had been removed. Instead, i tiredly moved my head to the side. Nausea was filling me and i was close to throwing up.

"What do you want?" I couldn't help bit spit as i looked towards Dot. The black-veined woman stared at me with sympathy and i wanted to laugh loudly and incredulously at her facial expression.

"I can feel an energy around you." 

"What are you? Fucking psychic?" I said before i felt a gag rise up my throat. I urged and my body slumped forwards, as though about to puke, but nothing else happened. I breathed in deeply, heavily letting the air out.

"No, but there is something-" she pointed towards my lower stomach and i felt my lips curl. I shook my head and ignored everything the warlock said. Suddenly, the sounds of all those forsworn around me got louder, more irritating. Even Clary's voice was getting more annoying as she now spoke to Dot once the warlock decided to stop bothering me.

I felt my brows twitch as a new sensation overcame me. I could see a slight flicker of an image. Alec was lied shirtless on our bed, Izzy was on his left side and perched on the side of the bed and Jocelyn was on the other side.

I watched the woman, my aunt, hand over a stone of sorts to Alec and i shook my head.

"No, no. What are you doing?" I mumbled before feeling my stomach churn. "I need a bucket!" I called out, feeling my chest tighten and heave a little. I breathed heavily and tried to keep the urge of throwing up at bay. I have to get out of here. Surely this was a side effect of my body fighting off the demon blood Valentine had injected me. "Clary?" I called out, hoping i could spit some words out. "You're a bitch."

"You still hate me." Clary sighed and i looked up, watching her lick her bottom lip. I watched her look to me and smile. "I understand why."

"I just thought you'd want to know." I shrugged and gave her a lopsided smile. I didn't like her, of course i didn't, but i was experiencing a new pain and with my track record of life and death, it would most likely end with a visit to dear old dad.

"Dot's going to get us out, okay? Believe that." Clary then informed me and i felt relief flood through my soul.

"You sound like a God-send right now, Clarissa." I said and i heard a chuckle.